Chapter 7

Hank's picture is on your right <3

Hank woke up just before the waking buzz struck. He sat up in his bed, looked at the wall next to it and watched the small short lines drawn parallel to each other in a short line.

How many were they? Oh, right. They were fourteen hundred and forty four. Quite too many for the line they formed. After all, they were the number of days he'd spent in this trash hole and he was left with just as many. 

He thought he deserved it. No, he knew he did.

Every time he looked at his old and only friend, Lian, he was reminded of the reason they were here. Him.

So many times he wished he could go back and undo what he did. But there was no way Lian would forgive him now, or ever for that matter. Because Lian, had double the punishment that he had. And it all was because of him.

The guards started shouting named from downstairs. So, the day had begun.

Hank stood up and looked at the above bed. There was the newcomer, Joan cage. The trouble maker, Hank thought with a shake of his head.

This guy was weird, too bold for a cutie like him. He looked like Audrey Hepburn, only girlier!

Hank lifted his hand slowly to Joan's head and flickered his fingers on Joan's forehead.

"Ooowch!" Joan flinched and rose his left hand to rub his forehead while he propped him self up with his right elbow. "The hell, Man?" He yelled at Hank sleepily.

"It's time to get up." Hank said to him while he moved to the toilet seat behind the bed and started easing of his pants..

"Woah!" Joan shouted and looked to the opposite direction.

"What? Never seen a man pee before, Cage?" Hank didn't turn his head to look at Joan, and continued, "It's not like you are gay or anything," he said, "right?"

He wasn't stating a fact; he was trying to find out if Joan really was. After all the mockery he had yesterday from everyone, at least he could know if they were right about Joan. Despite his tough actions, he looked really... Girlish. "Ooh, so, now you are talking to me and want to get to know about me? I’m touched?" Joan's sarcastic tone was filling the room.

Hank knew he would be angry. Last night he didn't say a word to Joan and acted as if his bad day was all because of him, which partially was true.

"Relax, I’m not gay." Joan yawned. "Don't care if you were, either." 

"I’m NOT." Hank shouted protectively.

"I know," Joan said calmly, " and I don't C.A.R.E."

He pronounced the last word slowly, and Hank felt bad for making everything awkward.

"So, now that we established that we're both NOT gay," Joan continued, still looking away, "could you cover THAT THING up? It makes me nauseous to have to see it first thing in the morning."

He kept his head turned but pointed at Hank's direction.

"Fine!" Hank pulled his pants up. "Geez, what are you? A girl?" He said while going back to his bed, and started changing into his jumpsuit.