Chapter 10-2

Isaac picture>>>>>>>>

have fun and don't forget to Comment and VOTE if you like..... 

The showers room was somewhat awful; Joanna concluded in her mind but made no audible comment. She started inspecting the place while Kevin spoke with the guard who was suppose to keep an eye on her, and Kevin was trying to convinced the guard to let him stay this time.  

"You can start now! You have one hour." Kevin told her in his commanding voice. Joanna picked up the cleaning tools that was sitting on the floor in front of the Shower-room's entrance and started scrubbing. 

Everything was so damn dirty. And not dirty as in there was a shower yesterday. No! It was filled with mold. She wasn't that disgusted, she'd seen more disturbing sites when she worked at a late night bar once.  

After forty five minutes she was done cleaning, but no amount of cleaning in the world would make this dump sparkle, she thought, wiping the sweat on her forehead with the back of her hand. She was filthier than before. Joanna got in one of the showers, which was a tiny metal cubes, after she sneaked a look at the two guards. Kevin was doing a great job in distracting the other man. He looked like he was actually interested in whatever the guard was talking about. Joanna shook her head thinking that couldn't be possible. That guy is practically made of steel.  

Turning the water's switch, a warm rain of water poured and she relaxed for a second before she remembered she had to be done quickly. After she dried off and got dressed in her fresh jumpsuit, she got out if the cube and stop suddenly, widening her eyes when she noticed that Kevin wasn't there. Only the other guard stood there, his arms folded over his chest while he leaned his back to the wall behind him. He looked straight at her. He wasn't as huge as Kevin and the other guards were, she noticed. She also realized that he didn't look mad or angry. He was actually smiling. As if he felt sorry for her!

Well, no time for correcting that smile now. Joanna swallowed before she said, "I... I thought it'd be ok if..." 

"Save it!" The guard cut her off softly. Almost sympathetically. "It's alright, Kevin told me everything."  

"Oh?" Joanna triad to hide her look of confusion. What the hell did Kevin tell him?

"It's alright, it's not like you are the first to do it." The guard continued. "My name is Tom." He beamed at her, pushing himself off the wall and lowering his hands to his sides. She was speechless. Not only did mark distract him in the beginning, He somehow convinced an ADX guard that it was ok to bend the rules. That Kevin was something, she thought. But still what did he said to the guy? Did he know too?

"Tha... Thanks." She said to Tom, trying to sound genuine.

"Don't worry about it. You seem like a good kid." so maybe she didn't know exactly what Kevin told him, but what Tom just said rolled out the 'he's-actually-a-girl' truth. She exhaled in relieve. And smiled a little at him before she handed him the cleaning tools and strode back to the cells hall.

Julian was sulking, leaning on the guard's post in the middle of the hall next to Isaac. "So, what's your next plot?" Isaac asked him. Julian's brow arched in amusement before he answered, "Observation."

"Observe what? Cage isn't even here!" Isaac told him, annoyed. "Reeeally? look who's all wet and steamy!" Julian beamed suddenly pushing himself up straight and looked at the far end of the hall. Isaac's face followed him to find Joan Cage coming in from the entrance gate. He was clean like he'd just had a shower. "So? He had a shower? What’s the big mystery?" Isaac turned his gaze to Julian. Julian remained silent, still 'observing' it seemed. "What's the big deal? He works at the showers!" He bellowed at his friend throwing his hands up. Julian chuckled. "That's true. It's a great cover you see, and quite simple. Why would a girl take a shower with a bunch of hungry men when there's a way to shower alone?" He wasn't really asking.