Chapter 43

A fast update. Hope you like it. ;)

Dedicated to AlyssaBrandon because her writing is so cool and her story, The Hard Mate, is sooooooo cool. I have to say: love your writing, in case it's not too obvious already. <3

“Hello.” Fernando said calmly, half a smile tugging at the side of his lips when he saw the shocked expression on the prison-guard’s face.

“You, Durant! What the hell are you doing here?” Kevin snapped, regaining his cool.

“I was hoping to speak with Joanna’s cousin. I believe he lives here with you at the moment.” Said Fernando coolly.

“I have no idea what are you talking about, man.” Kevin said and attempted to close the door in the mafia’s man’s face but Fernando stopped him easily as he pushed the door open and stepped inside.

“Hey!” Kevin bellowed and heard Sara come behind him.

“I’ll be quick. It’s about Joanna’s safety. I was hoping we could join forces and find here.” Fernando decided to say, hoping he convinced the thick skulled guard.

Kevin looked like he was thinking about it for a second when Sara nudged his side, gaining his attention and muttered, “I think we need to invite every chance to find her.”

Kevin sighed in defeat before he looked back at the tall man and gestured for him to follow. “Don’t try anything funny.” He threw at him over his shoulder and heard Fernando chuckle, not really understanding what amused him but decided to let it slide.

“Mark. You have a visitor.” Kevin announced once he reached the cozy living room. Mark stood up immediately once he saw Fernando, eying him warily.

“Who are you?” Mark asked.

“My name is Fernando Durant, I’m Aldobrandeno’s assistant and I am here to take you with me to look for Joanna in Carson, Nevada.” Fernando stated, saving everyone the pain of guessing what on earth was he here for.

“Carson?” Mark and Kevin said in unison. “What the hell is she doing in Carson?” Mark’s brows shot up as he asked in confusion.

“Hiding, most likely.” Fernando stated the obvious. “We are not certain, though. But that’s the only lead we have. She hasn’t call boss, Aldo, in quiet a long time and we are getting worried she has been taken by the Colombo’s.”

“Oh, fuck.” Mark grunted and sat back on the couch, “I know something was up.” He muttered to himself.

“as I said before, nothing is for sure yet, it’s all theories.” Fernando said again. “Boss has already flew there with a group of our men, I am to follow him this morning, and I want you to come with me.”

“Ofcoarse, I will..” Marks started, looking up at the man, “But what do you need me for?” he couldn’t stop himself from asking.

Fernando shrugged, “anything might be useful, and since you know her better, you might be of some help.”

Mark didn’t care that they were using him, he’d do anything to find Joanna.

“Alright. When’s the flight?” Mark asked and stood up as if he was ready to leave right then.

“It’s in two hours. Pack a few things and I’ll take you with me.” Fernando said ad walked to a small armchair, inspected it for a moment before he turned and sat on it, making himself comfortable.