Chapter 38

[BlueBird]: Why did you pick Lion?

[Lion]: So irrelevant.

[BlueBird]: you’ve always been the Fox.

[Lion]: well, I decided to change it. Drop. It!

[BlueBird]: WHY?

[Lion]: Fuck, BB, it’s because I like the sound of my nickname from her, and Lion is the closest to it. Happy?

[BlueBird]: …………..

[Lion]: So, is it possible we can discuss more serious matters?

[BlueBird]: yes, sorry.

[Lion]: I’m going to send you the initial data on your safe account. I am not going to ask you for much; whatever you can do in your situation is fine.

[BlueBird]: please don’t worry about me.

[Lion]: I’m not worried.

[BlueBird]: oh.

{BlueBird]: G2G.

[Lion]: G2G? Really??!!

“Morales, are you done with assorting the library data?” Young Lee, the prison librarian, asked Hank who was sitting on one of the computers of the library.

“Yes, sir. All clear.”

“It took you long.”

“Really? Oh, I’m so sorry. But with the long list of the new books this is going to take me real long every time I come here.” Hank said but the librarian looked at him suspiciously. “You know, the computers here are really old.” Hank said apologetically.

Lee relaxed visibly and sighed, “Yes, I am aware of that.” He said and looked at Hank again, “Your time is up. You need to get going before the guards hammer me.”

 “Yes. Thank you, sir.” Hank said finally and logged out of the computer. He made sure his conversation with Julian was deleted. It would be real problematic if anyone found out.

“So why did you call yourself Lion? An who the hell is BlueBird?” Julian jumped When Joanna said so close to his ear. Apparently she was staring at the computer screen that he’d been working on for a while now.

“Anna, how long have you been here?” Julian said calmly.

“Since….” Joanna said and turned her eyes up as if she was counting, “right, since when you wrote ‘I like when she says my nickname’.” She said and smiled cheekily at him. Julian sighed. “You sneaky girl.” He said and turned on his chair to grab her to him. Joanna giggled loudly as he tickled her hard.

 “Stop.. Stop please.” Joanna was trying to say.

Julian buried his head in her neck and nuzzled there, making her flinch. “So did you mean me?” she asked suddenly and Julian pulled out and looked at her face.

“Because if you meant another girl, I’d snap your head right now.” Joanna said sweetly but creepily as well.

Julian laughed loudly before he kissed her head. “It’s only you baby.”

“So is it true? You called your self Lion because it’s close to Lian?”

“Yeah, I guess.” Julian said and eased her out and on her feet again. “So who’s BlueBird?” she asked and frowned down at him.