Chapter 41

Loooooong time no see>>> sorry about that btw.

I’d love to dedicate this chap to SheriffSquinty. Her writing is really awesome as she describes the situation really intensely and dramatically which I love sometimes. I am quite sure most of you know her anyways, but just felt like shouting out for her.

Excuse any typos or mistakes. Hadn’t edit or re-read it in my haste to post it. Hope you like it.

“Kevin!” Mark gasped in surprise when he saw Kevin standing right there in the kitchen door. “I didn’t hear you coming.” Mark said and took another gulp from his orange juice.

“Why are you still up?” Kevin asked as he stepped inside and grabbed the juice cartoon from Mark and took a swig.

“I don’t know, couldn’t sleep.” Mark shook his head.

“Something’s wrong?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean Joanna.”

“Oh, no. She is fine. She called me this afternoon. She was going on a date with that guy, Drake.”

“And you don’t think it’s a good idea.” Kevin said and watched his friend’s face go dark, “I mean I wouldn’t think so either.” He said and set the juice carton on the kitchen table.

“I don’t know. Do you trust this guy?” Mark said and leaned on the table. “Do I sound like an old geezer?” he said.

“Are you worried about the fact that they maybe in danger by walking around outside or that your cousin has gone on a date for the first time ever?” Kevin frowned down at him.

“Oh, shit. You are right.” Mark straitened up in his chair, “They shouldn’t go out like this.”

Kevin laughed at his friend, “I think Drake is clever. If he took her out, he’d make sure they are safe, he’s reckless, but not that reckless.”

“Yeah.” Mark said. it was a weird feeling, for him Joanna was like his little sister and he was so protective of her. When she called him earlier that day and told him that Julian asked her on a date, he felt a tingle in his chest. Joanna trusted someone else, not that she ever verbally conveyed to him that she trusted him, but he knew she did. Now, she trusted someone else and was happy to announce it freely.

“I just hope he’s trust worthy.” Mark said finally and grabbed the juice.

“Have you two ever heard about glasses?” both men were startled when Sara walked in on them while Mark was taking a rather big gulp of the juice.

“Sorry baby, we thought you were sleeping.” Kevin answered dumpily as Mark was coughing hard on the juice he was choking on.

“Sara.” Mark finally managed to say. “Have I ever told you how lovely your kitchen looks?”

“Oh, save it, Boyd.” She rolled her eyes and walked inside, opened one of the cupboards and grabbed three glasses out from it.

“Here” She said, “Pour one for me too baby.” She said sweetly to Kevin.

“Can’t sleep as well?” Kevin said as he grabbed the half empty Juice carton.

“Yeah, sorta.” She said and sat down on one of the chairs. “I kinda feel something bad is going to happen.” She said and looked up to Mark.

“I hope not, though. It’s just my silly hunches.” She smiled at him.

“I sure hope so.” Mark said as he took the glass from Kevin and took a swig. “I hope Jo is trusting the right man.”