Chapter 51

The clock was ticking really slowly, as if it was in slow motion, and Joanna’s patient was seeping off with every tick.

“What the hell is taking you so long?” She finally snapped at the hacker that Cal brought to them and who was working non- stop on the Julian’s computer for the past ten hours.

“I am almost there. This thing is almost impossible to crack, I am actually proud of what I did in such a short time.” The geeky looking man said without teering his eyes away from the screen.

Joanna snorted in annoyance and started pacing the room again. “We need to send the location and information to Hank ASAP!” she groaned.

“Told ya it wouldn’t work.” Isaac said from the far end of the room.

“If I didn’t know any better I’d say you are pretty happy about it.” Joanna snapped at him.

“Of coarse I am not happy. I thought you actually had a plan before you had me Call Hank.”

“Would you two shut up and stop underestimating my skills. I am sitting right here, ya’know.” The Hacker, Rami, said offensively.

Joanna eyed him for a moment, taking in his skinny appearance and huge glasses. In a weird way he resembled Hank. She just hoped his skills did as well.

“How much longer?” she asked tiredly.

“Five more minutes. Just need to crack this last code and….” The hacker said and Joanna’s approached him and watched the screen from behind him as they waited. She hoped this works because every minute passed without a clear plan to get Julian out was more time for him to be tortured or worse.

Joanna shivered at the thought of what he might be going through right then.

“…. long has it been?”

“Almost seven hours. He is unbelievably stubborn, Boss.”

Julian cracked one eye open when he was able to make out the words that had been said around him. He saw two figures, one of whom he loathed so much.

“Peter white.” Julian snickered, raising up his head and ignoring the painful throbbing of his neck muscles.

“You are up again.” Peter beamed. “Are you sure you don’t want a dose?”

Julian felt his mouth water, but held his expression firmly. He couldn’t believe that after what seemed like two or three days he was almost addicted to the shit they were giving him.

He wanted so much to say yes and relieve the burning that went through his body. The hunger for that bloody drug was increasing by the minute. He wasn’t sure he would be able to handle the need for much longer.

“I think I’ll pass, Boss.” Julian smirked up at Peter.

“You know you won’t hold on for much longer. You should be smart about it. I am concerned that the drug is killing your important brain cells.” Peter said with a challenging tone. “your precious brain cells.”

“Wouldn’t that be lovely.” Julian said breathlessly but harshly, “then you wouldn’t have any use for me.”

“You think this is happy news for you, Drake?” Peter snickered. “You either surrender or turn into the lunatic everyone think you already are.”

“I’ll take my chances.” Julian said calmly, making Peter’s face flush with anger.

Peter turned to the man next to him and said, “Give him another shot.” Before he turned around and left the large room.