Chapter 31

It was almost the crack of dawn. The Jeep that flew from the bridge ten hours earlier was finally pulled out of the water and it looked terrible. The only problem the police faced was the fact that it was completely empty.

“Damn it!” the chief officer, Theodore Belli, bellowed before he turned at his subordinate. “Look under every rock if you have to and find those two!” he roared angrily.

Every police force all over Florence city were on the look for Julian Drake, former hacker and murderer, and Joanna Blake, the female who was spending her sentence in ADX Florence male prison and who was going under the name, Joan Cage.

Ofcoarse, there was one more prisoner who ran away as well, Gerry carter. However, they couldn’t locate him no matter what. They couldn’t even find out how he broke out, it was like he never existed there.

 So it was the other two who had higher chance of being caught. Or that what the police thought.

It had been more ten hours since they drove their car madly out of the bridge and into the deep lake in an outrageous stunt. No one thought they’d survive.

Since then, no one saw any traces of him or her. Everyone thought they were dead, no question on that. But the empty car conveyed differently.

The crazy thing was, not only was the police forces after them, but every gang in the area as well.

And they all were growing worried for the sudden disappearance.

“Hello, boss. Good news.” Chelsea said to her phone after she pulled away from the crowd who surrounded the destroyed car the police just pulled out of water.

“Did you find her?” The man in the phone said.

“Umm, no sir, but she isn’t dead.” She said cheerfully.

Bitch, call me when you have her!” the man said angrily and hung up on her.

Chelsea groaned loudly before she returned her phone back and pulled her cigarette packet out of her small red bag and pulled one between her lips.

“Any luck?” Dominic came beside her and flashed his lighter in front of her, flames revealed and Chelsea closed the tip of he cigarette to it and inhaled deeply once it was lit.

She exhaled a long smoke before she answered him, “Not even a little.” She said and Dominic’s expression went grim.

“She’s not dead, at least.” She said as she dragged another breath, closing her eyes in pleasure as warmness filled her lungs and the effect went straight to her brain.

“How’d you know?” Dominic said as they walked away from the lake.

“What do you mean? The car was empty. Were you paying attention back there?” she asked irritably.

“So they got out of the car, all drenched with water. Let’s say they got out of the lake if they didn’t drown on the process. The night was too cold and they were wet to the core, how long do you think they’d last?” Dominic threw his theory at her and Chelsea’s eyes suddenly sparkled with a realization.

“Right!” She said joyfully. “They’d be cold! So they must’ve gone somewhere warm and close by. Can’t you think of a place?” Chelsea challenged and Dominic looked puzzled.

“The Jenny’s Bakery!” she exclaimed at his stupid expression. “It has a back door, a warm storage room, so they must be there!” she said finally throwing her cigarette down without even bothering to step on it to put it down as she pulled Dominic by the arm and walked quickly toward their car.