Chapter 45

She was falling. Falling deep down in the same pool of darkness..

But this time, it was a very loud one!

SPLASH!

Joanna snapped awake with a loud startled gasp when cold water was splashed against her face. She was still half awake when she involuntarily sucked on her lower lip to gather the little amount of water that pooled there.

Her mouth was very dry.

“Morning sunshine!” she heard a nasty voice calling and she looked up, her eyes adjusting on the three men in front of her.

The one in the middle seemed to be the one in charge.

“Peter White?” Joanna asked, her voice still cracked. She remembered Julian mentioning his name.

Wait! What happened to Julian?

Joanna looked more urgent then. Did they caught him too or was he able to escape? She hoped the latter because she didn’t want to feel the guilt of it. She didn’t think she could survive it.

“Well, well, well..” the man who she assumed to be Peter beamed, smirking down at her. She noticed then that she was bonded into a chair, her hands tied tightly behind her back.

“We finally meet, Banneno granddaughter.” He said and she tensed.

“I prefer Blake, Thank you.” She decided to say, raising one eyebrow coolly at him.

Peter frowned at that but then decided to ignore it. “You were playing hard to get, all this time! It’s pretty impressive. You even made huge fun of one of the most important men around here!” he said admiringly, which confused Joanna for a second before she realized whom he was referring to.

“Oh, yeah?” Joanna’s lip twitched for a second before she let the evil smile grow, “How’s ‘ol Dimitry? Still recovering?” she smirked and saw Peter’s old features darken.

She took in more of his looks. He seemed to be in his late fifties or sixties, but he was in a good shape. He was wearing a ridiculous light blue stained suit and white shoes. His hair was gray and combed neatly backward; its length was to his shoulder.

And he held a very dangerous aura.

Peter seemed like he finally recovered from her last remark. “You are very amusing, Banneno, but I don’t have the time for these games. I was only making sure my men got the right girl. Now that I’ve seen you I can say that I need no further confirmations.”

Joanna slumped back on the seat, seeing that it was nearly impossible for her to escape it.

“You are the perfect bait, did you know that, Ms. Banneno.” Peter said amusingly as he started to turn to leave.

“Blake!” Joanna said quickly. “It’s Blake.”

The man chuckled softly and started pacing in front of her while the others stood quietly.

“Fine, Ms. Blake.” He said apologetically yet sarcastically. “And I am Peter white Colombo.” He announced proudly and Joanna snorted a laugh.

“You think I’m a good bait for Big Aldo. Dude, you’re screwed. Not only have decided to play fire with the wrong man, but you just provoked the devil even more.” Joanna snarled at him, her eyes shining lightning.

Apparently her words affected him deeply because Peter White turned around and stepped closer to her so fast. “You think you are clever, do you?”