Chapter 35

A teeny tiny chap for you lovely people. Injoy! 

Pissed off Julian on your right ;)

“Mark!” Kevin said once mark answered his phone.

“Let me call Joanna.” Mark said immediately.

“Umm, that’s the thing. Joanna isn’t here.”

“What do you mean? You said Sara had her!”

“She did but…”

“Let me.” Sara told Kevin and took the phone from his hand.

“Hi, Mark.” Sara said, her voice completely serious. “Joanna and Julian ran away when the mafia attacked us.”

“What?” Mark snapped and Sara could hear his panicked tone. “What happened then.”

“Well, I wanted to go with them, but your cousin locked me in my truck.”

“Oh my God! Jo.” Mark groaned in the phone. “Sara..” he began again, “please tell me she ran away from them.”

“Well, from the look of it…” Sara said and crouched down at the spot where one of the men who attacked them earlier, Dominic was his name, was before an ambulance took him. She narrowed her eyes at the bloody spot in the street.

“I’d say they successfully ran away.” Sara said finally and heard as Mark exhaled in relieve.

“Thank you.” Mark said and gulped. “Tell Kevin I’ll be there in twelve hours.” He said and hung up the phone.

Sara handed the phone back to Kevin who looked down at her and said, “I still don’t think it’s a good idea for him to come back.”

“I know. But baby, he wouldn’t change his mind no matter what, and you know that. He cares for her so much.” Sara told him softly.

“I know that.” Kevin said as he scratched his head.

“Try to call them again.” Sara told him, referring to Julian and Joanna who had her phone. When Kevin found her in the truck she started to call them multiple time after, but they never answered.

“I don’t think they have the phone anymore.” Kevin told her but made the call anyway.

Still no answer.

Joanna hugged her knees tighter to her chin. She was sitting next to Julian behind one of the dumpsters, hiding from the Chaos that was happening five blocks away.

The phone in Julian’s hand vibrated again and she could see in her peripheral vision when Julian looked down at it and ignored it again.

She could feel his intense look at her, but she kept looking forward as she remembered what just happened. She closed her eyes tightly when she saw it again, Julian going at Dominic squirming body. All the blood, and cries, and the devilish laughs.

But that wasn’t what truly tortured her. It was the fact that she was the reason Julian acted that way. She hated her self, resented herself.

“Anna.” Julian said softly, extending his hand to slightly touch her shoulder, but she tensed immediately under his touch making him retract his hand away from her.

She shouldn’t have gotten into this with him. He could be cruel, true, but being with her would turn him into a true evil. This happened to all the people in her life.