Chapter 50

NOOOOOOT EDITED.. but carefully written.

Love you <3

“Hold on, hold on!” Joanna interrupted the heavy discussion that was going between the men after a long period of attentive silence, “You are telling me that this.. Warehouse is inaccessible?”

“Well, that’s one way of putting it.” Fernando motioned with his finger. “According to what boss and the others who went with him there, the warehouse was closed down with guards and apparently the gates and doors were locked by passcodes and the like.”

“And they wasn’t able to go inside?”

“No.” Fernando shook his head, “you were lucky to be held in that old farm instead of that one. Otherwise we wouldn’t have been able to get you out of there.”

“But…” Joanna bit her lower lip, “..Julian is there right now?”

“Yes. I have some sources that confirm that.” Fernando replied.

“So what’s the plan? How can we get in there?” Joanna asked.

“Well,” a beefy man interrupted them, “we are thinking about using explosives. We have several options.”

“But it’s too risky,” Fernando said, “Because that way we will lose the element of surprise and we have no clue of what’s inside that place.”

He had a point, Joanna thought, but she couldn’t think of any other way, before…

“Wait!” she snapped, making the few men look at her, “You said passcodes. Like electronic things, right?” She asked, too enthusiastically.

“Y… yeah?” Fernando arched a brow.

“Well, if it’s computer things, then it can be hacked! Right?” she asked, looking around the men faces.

“We actually thought about it, sweets. But knowing Peter White, the programming would be difficult to decode.” Fernando told her softly.

“Yeah, I understand,” Joanna said, almost cheerfully, “But these difficult things were nothing to Julian. He could break into anything.” She explained.

“But..” one of the men said slowly, eying her as if she was some kind of freak, “Drake isn’t here. He’s captured by them.”

“I know that.” Joanna gave him the same look he was giving her. “But there’s someone else who could help… or at least I hope he could.”

“What? Who?” Fernando unfolded his arms, and placed his elbows on his knees, obviously interested.

Joanna gave him a wide knowing look.

It was cold, but very hot.

It was as if his skin was ice cold but his insides were flaming hot. Whatever they were giving him, it was killing him slowly.

“Hey drake! Open your mouth, you need to drink this.” Someone shouted above him and Julian opened his eyes and tilted his head back to look at the man who was holding a large glass of what seemed to him like water.

He wanted to look away and deny his body from relieving its thirst, but his mouth betrayed his intention when it opened by its self and accepted the pouring of the blissful cold water down his aching throat.