Chapter 49

Dedicated to aseelk and her lovely sister.. because I love them so very much <3

“Nando!”

Joanna’s head whipped around at the table that had the man who was beaming stupidly.

“Cal! There you are.” Fernando replayed, his tone way cooler than the rounder man. Cal was sitting with what Joanna thought was half the strippers from this place. He stood up, nodding to the women before he strode to where they stood.

“It’s been ages, man.” The man, Cal, said as he slapped Fernando’s shoulder and gripped his other arm to pull him in a half hug.

“Yes it has.” Fernando said curtly, a small smile forming on his hard face.

They were in a nightclub, it was dark and loud and full to the brim. Many people looked their way because they seemed so out of place with their serious faces and cloths.

Joanna was sandwiched between Mark and Kevin, while Fernando and Aldo domineered the front of their little group. Isaac was slacking at the back.

Fernando obviously noticed the attention they were causing when he said, “Maybe we should talk inside.”

“Oh, right.” Cal said, still beaming before he leaned on one foot so he could steal a peak of her. he looks satisfied when he finally did before he gestured for them to follow him.

They walked around the club until they reached a door. Joanna tried to look down, partially because she didn’t want anyone recognizing her, and also because she didn’t want to see the drunks and nudes around her.

They went through the door and into a small hallway that led to a narrow staircase. They climbed up quietly and Joanna found herself wondering just how much Fernando trusted this Cal guy.

Once they reached the second floor, Cal guided them inside a hallway with many doors at its sides. He opened one of them and they got inside.

“So, that’s my niece?” Cal twisted around to face them once Isaac closed the door behind him. Joanna frowned in confusion at his questions.

Aldo walked inside and past Cal as he muttered darkly, “Tell your friend to cut the crap or I’ll slice his throat.”

Cal giggled foolishly, but he was obviously alarmed at the Big guy’s tone. “Harsh as ever, sir.” He said to Aldo who sat on one of the comfy-looking armchairs that were scattered around the large room.

“Cal, please cut the crap.” Fernando said, moving aside and exposing her to his friend. Cal’s eyes widened as he stared down at her. Joanna wanted to glare up at him, but she was too tiered to begin a quarrel.

“Wow, man. She is indeed Maria’s daughter.” Cal finally said after he surveyed her.

Joanna tensed. She knew she was supposed to get past her hatred and quit acting like a fucked up brat every time someone mentioned her mother, but she couldn’t help it.

“Careful. She bites.” Fernando said lazily and sat on another armchair.

“Well, so did her mother.” Cal responded with his stupid smile and Joanna decided she didn’t like this man.

“Hey, quit it.” Mark said threateningly, moving away from her side to stand in front of her.

“Whoa whoa, and the boyfriend as well.” Cal raised both hands in defense.