Chapter 52

Again, not edited nor revised. But I’m sure minimum mistakes will be there. You could live with that, right? ;p

Enjoy..

“Listen up guys. This is a clean up mission. We go in, eliminate white, grab drake and leave. Period!” Joanna was listening to Fernando’s speech.

“I don’t want any mistakes it’s obvious they surpass us by numbers, we have the element of surprise on our side, but that doesn’t mean we can take them all…”

he continued but Joanna was fed up already. She stood up and got out of the room.

The bar downstairs was quiet at this time of day. It was almost twelve thirty and they were wasting time. She couldn’t wait to get out of here and go to that damn warehouse.

“Wow! You look all geared up.” She turned around and smiled when she saw Mark coming out to the hallway as well.

“Yeah,” Joanna said and gave a nervous chuckle. Cal gave her a set of black cloths specially for this day. She was wearing a protector underneath the black T-shirt and a heavy leather on top of it. To say he was paranoid was an understatemen.

She liked the heavy black boats she was wearing as well. They were strong and easy to run in.

“Cal went nuts I guess.” Joanna said and looked up at Mark again. He insisted on coming along but promised to stay outside in the car. His shoulder injury would only slow them down and probably be a reason for his death.

“You sure you want to do this?” he asked, and Joanna heared the worried undertone of his voice. “I mean you could always decide to stay with me on the sidelines as the others do the heavy work for us.” He winked playfully.

“Of coarse I am sure, Mark.” Joanna chuckled. “I am worried about you though. You could wait here for us.”

“Are you kidding?” Mark beamed, “This is the most adventures thing I’ve ever done in my life. I get to work along side the freakin Mafia!”

Joanna laughed aloud, “You say that as if it is a good thing.”

“well, not that I want to make a habit of it, but seeing that it might help you get closure, and well, they are practically your family.”

Joanna felt an ache in her chest at his words. This man never ceased to surprise her with his care for her. it was overwhelming. It was always overwhelming, but she will never again think of it as overbearing like she used to before all this happened.

“Thanks Mark. I seriously don’t know how to pay you back for all that you’ve done for me.”

Mark smiled warmly down at her, “if we helped Drake out today and you got your happy ending, consider it paid.”

“Oh, Mark.” Joanna groaned and reached her arms up to hug him. She could never win against this man.

“You know, I could always use my powerful family to get you to get rid of someone or something.” Joanna said comically to his chest and Mark laughed loudly.

“I’ll make sure to remember that.” He said as he pulled away and looked down at her face.

She was about to offer him a retort but stopped when she saw him look past her shoulder at something.

Or someone.

“Big A, what’s up?” Mark said awkwardly when he saw Aldo standing at the end of the hall. Joanna felt her heart constrict and she didn’t turn around to look at her grandfather.