Chapter 36

I dedicated this chap to my friend LOVERANO. She is awesome and she’s writing her first story ever “Abducted”. Check it out please and show her support. Plus the story is really something.

Now on to MY story.. LOL.

BTW: since I wrote this so quickly you might find a few mistakes here and there, please ignore it, I’ll edit as soon as I can. Love ya.

Have fun.

“Hey, Slinky, you dog!” one of the men said enthusiastically and slapped Hank’s back playfully, well, maybe for him, but for hank it hurt.

Hank smiled warily, he was getting these responses ever since the big break out.

“Can you believe this man?” the man who just slapped him turned to his much shorted and rounder friend, “he had a girl in his cell all this time and he never shared!” the two men laughed and looked at him.

“Yeah.” Hank said, not sure how to respond.

“And everyone thought you were a loser too. Up top, man!” the man beamed at him and raised his hand for a high five. Hank slowly raised his hand tapped the other man’s raised palm.

“Hank Morales.” One of the guards bellowed behind them and Hank was relieved. He was getting comments about how he was a “lucky bastard” and a “man who had his gigs” all the time now. It was unnerving taking about Joanna like this.

As he waved for the two happy men goodbye and followed the guard, he thought about his situation. Ever since Joanna and Julian ran away, he thought he would be dead by now, but no, he was becoming quite the champion around here. The man who had a girl in his cell. Hank blushed at the thought.

“You have a visitor.” The guard informed him as they walked through the corridors.

Hank was both excited and scared at the same time. Who would visit him now?

“Hank!” Isaac beamed once Hank got inside the visitor who relaxed instantly. “Thank God, it’s you.” Hank muttered and sat opposite to him. “How are you?” he asked the free man.

“Great!” Isaac beamed before he looked sympathetically, “Everything alright with you?”

Hank smiled and shook his head, “More than alright. It’s terrifyingly ok.” He chuckled.

“What? How come?” Isaac asked.

“Well, apparently having a girl in your cell is a good thing around here.” Hank said in a low voice, his eyes gleaming mischievously. Isaac’s eyes widened with surprise before his expression became softer.

“Man, if only Julian could hear you right now.” Isaac’s smile widened at the mortified look that crossed Hank’s face at the mention of Julian. “You wouldn’t tell him I said that, would you?” Hank asked hopefully and Isaac chuckled, shaking his head in denial. “No way.”

“How’s he? How are they?” Hank’s voice became more serious as he whispered the questioned, eyeing the room around him warily.

“Fine, at the moment.” Isaac said with relatively low voice. “She asked me to come here and check up on you.”

Hank’s eyes widened at the thought of Joanna worrying about him. She was such a good friend. “Oh.” He only said.

“Look, I can’t tell you anything yet. Well, not here anyway.” Isaac said, mirroring his friend’s action and eying the visitor’s room. “But I need you to know that they are after Julian as well.”