Chapter 28

Hello. Just wanted to say that I wrote this chap real fast so i hope there isn't so many mistakes. hope you like it, vote if you do and comment so I'd know your opinion. 

Joanna is a bit happy in this chap, so I linked a smiling Joanna on your right.

love youuuuu <3

“Fernando, Fernando!” Aldobrandeno called his loyal subordinate.

“Yes, boss?” Fernando came running to the living room.

“How was the deal yesterday? Any new development?” Aldo asked.

“Yes sir, very.” Fernando beamed as he stepped further inside the living room.

“Then why the hell didn’t you tell me?” Aldo yelled at him.

“Boss, it was late. You need to take care of your health!” Fernando said softly.

“That’s none of your damn business.” Aldo exasperated at him. “My granddaughter’s life is on line, and you want me to rest?” Aldo stood up angrily and Fernando begged him to sit down again.

He knew his health was taking a down road, but that didn’t mean he’d sit there and wait for nothing.

“So, tell me. What exactly happened?”

“Well, all you have to know is that the Rochester Family from New Jersey are on our side now.” Fernando said as he flopped down on the couch.

“Good.” Aldo said as he took one of his many medications.

“Now, Gambino, Lucchese and Rochester families are all at out side...”  Fernando trailed off as he fell to deep sleep.

Aldo smiled at his long life loyal friend. Joanna was right, he was so fortunate to have Fernando in his life.

He grabbed a blanket and covered sleeping Fernando as he muttered, “Thank you, my friend.”

It was 9 in the morning; Fernando had been up all night.

Aldo hated being a prisoner in his own house after he spent twelve years in a real prison. He wanted to get a hold of Joanna, but he knew it was too risky to do so.

Those fucking Colombos were going to pay dearly. 

“Hello?” Joanna said to the phone.

“Hello, cousin.” Mark’s voice came from the other side of the phone. “How’s life?”

“Still repelling.” Joanna chuckled.

“Wait, are you laughing? Is this laughing sound I hear?” Mark asked in disbelieve and Joanna laughed then. “Oh my God. I didn’t know you were even capable of that.” Mark continued.

“Shut up!” she told him between laughs.

“I miss you cousin.” Mark said.

“I miss you too, Mark. How’s.. Well, wherever you are, how is it?” Joanna said.

“Oh, I didn’t realize Sydney would be this awesome this time of year!” Mark said.

“You are in Australia?” Joanna exclaimed in excitement.

Mark chuckled. “Jo, when this is all over, I’ll take you wherever you want to go.”

Joanna smiled at that.