danielle › 상처받는 사람은 내가 아닐거야

"A-T-T-E-N-T-I-ON. You got me looking for attention."

Your soft voice filled the otherwise quiet atmosphere of the kitchen as your hands worked at cooking the meal you were preparing for the girls.

You were let into their dorm with the permission of their manager, after you explained what you wanted to do. Everyone in the company knew who you were, due to you always stopping by to hang out with the girls. Minji was your role model, someone you looked up to and went to when you needed advice. Hanni was someone who knew just how to cheer up whenever you were feeling down, and vice versa. Haerin was the one who knew what you're thinking or what you wanted to do before you even said a word, she always understood you. Hyein was your adorable dongsaeng, someone you adored dearly, and someone who listened to your rants well, as you did for her. And Danielle. Danielle was all of the above and more. She was your beautiful girlfriend with a heart of gold that you loved with all of yours.

And today, in honor of their first music show win, you've come over to their dorm to surprise them with their favorite meals. They were currently finishing up their vocal lessons together, so you had around twenty-five minutes to complete your surprise.

🍲

The time flew by quickly. You were putting the finishing touches on the food, and you failed to hear the click of the front door and the creak of it being pushed open.

"Hurt, nah-nah, I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt."

You sang quietly as you stood at the counter, pouring six cups of water for you and the girls.

You nearly jumped out of your skin when you felt arms wrap around your waist and pull you against another body. You thanked whatever beings above that you had already set the water down. You turned around in the arms and were met with Danielle smiling at you fondly.

"Singing our song, huh?" She questioned playfully.

You hummed and threw your arms around her neck, bringing her into a hug. Her arms were where you found the most comfort.

"What can I say, I have impeccable taste."

She giggled and rested her face in the crook of your neck, sighing in satisfaction and relaxation. You rubbed her back soothingly, smiling at how she seemingly melted in your comforting embrace.

After a few moments, the two of you pulled away, smiling sheepishly at the rest of the girls when you saw the faux looks of annoyance on their faces.

You all giggled. Minji and Hanni helped you carry the drinks to the table, and then, you all dug into the food you made.

You felt a tap on your arm, making you turn to face Danielle, who was to your left. You were slightly taken aback when you were met with lips against yours, but relaxed. The kiss was short, nothing more than a blissful peck, but it spoke all the words that you didn't.