(request) minji › bad day

You had simply been walking down a path at the park near your dorm, enjoying the cool breeze and the solace of the lovely scenery

You had simply been walking down a path at the park near your dorm, enjoying the cool breeze and the solace of the lovely scenery. It was late in the evening, so nobody was at the park but you. Well, actually, you did catch a glimpse of two girls sitting on a park bench that you passed by a few minutes ago.

You perked up when you heard two sets of footsteps behind you. Curious and wanting to greet the people behind you, you turned around to look at them, but were met with a hand reaching for your hair.

You had been grabbed by the hair. Your hands immediately flew up to try and pry the hands off of you, but they would barely budge. It stung badly, like needles pricking your scalp as one of them tugged. They even ripped a few strands out.

"Y-Yah!" You snapped, looking up as best as you could. It was the two girls you passed earlier. "Why the hell are you putting your hands on me?! Let me go!" You cried. You're so young and this has never happened to you before. In your two years of being a popular idol, why did you decide that the one time you want to go out by yourself would be late in the day when no one else is around to help you? Sometimes you question your mind and its decisions.

The girl that wasn't holding you grabbed your wrist, holding it tightly. "Y/N-unnie, we're big fans!" She exclaimed. She sounded enthusiastic, as if she and her friend weren't assaulting you at the moment.

You gritted your teeth. "Look- L-Look, I get it, you're big fans, but please! Pl-lease let me go!" You begged.

They didn't respond to your pleading, and continued to pester you for an autograph, but you were wholeheartedly unwilling to do what they asked. You weren't going to give them what they wanted after they've hurt you.

So you did what seemed logical in this situation. You lifted your leg and kicked the girl who was grabbing your hair in the shin as hard as you could, and then tugged your wrist out of the other girl's grip. When you were finally free, you pushed both of them to the ground, quickly took off your coat and threw it over them so they could see, and ran off as fast as your legs could allow you.

You ignored the ache you felt all over, and just kept running until a familiar building came into view. The NewJeans dorm. Sure, your dorm was only a few minutes away and the NewJeans dorm was further away, but you honestly didn't want to deal with Eunyoung's motherly scolding tonight. She wouldn't let you leave the dorms ever again.

When you reached the dorm front door, you glanced down at yourself, just now taking in your appearance. You hadn't really noticed much in the heat of the situation. They must've hurt you more than you thought and you're just now realizing.

You had small scratches and cuts and blooming bruises littering your skin. You're wearing a simple t-shirt and denim shorts, so you could see the injuries on your arms and your thighs. Your cheek felt like it was on fire, so you assume that at one point during the physical dispute, one of the girls must've slapped you or pinched your cheek to the point of it actually hurting you. You assume the skin is red and swollen at most.

And the situation clearly stressed you out, seeing as you suddenly felt a substance flowing smoothly from your nose and over your lips. You quickly wiped it with your t-shirt, leaving a blood stain on the collar. You often get nosebleeds due to stress.

You don't even want to know what you look like to someone else. Probably like you've just survived a zombie apocalypse, if it's anything like how you feel.

You gently knocked on the front door, slowly feeling exhaustion creep up on you.

Han was the one to open the door to you, and as soon as she saw you, she immediately grew worried. She was quick to drag you inside.

"Minji! It's Y/N, it's an emergency, come quick!" She shouted. She was calling for her to come out and take a look at you, since she's the best at patching up injuries-although you looked like you needed a hospital. However, Han knew that if you came here, a hospital is the last place you want to go.

"Leave me alone!" Minji yelled back from her room.

Your own eyes widened in shock. Even though there was clearly urgency and fear in Han's voice, your girlfriend obviously hadn't even budged. Her heart ached slightly, but you brushed it off and allowed Han to lead you to the kitchen.

"What- What's wrong with her?" You asked quietly as Han helped you take a seat on a barstool.

Han clicked her tongue, before pulling out the first aid kit. "She just had a bad day. Our manager snapped at her and they fought, and ever since she got home, she's just been cranky. Don't take it to heart."

It was silent for the remainder of her cleaning up your scrapes and cuts and rubbed ointment on your bruises. It was a painful process, but you simply bit your lip and held your tears in as best you could.

Soon, Han was finished. She looked over at you as she cleaned up. "So... care to tell me what happened? Are you okay, besides your injuries? Do we need to call the cops?" She fired question after question.

You sighed. "Don't worry. I was just attacked by some fans who wanted an autograph, it's nothing-"

"You were what?" You looked away from Han to see Minji standing in the doorway of the kitchen with an incredulous look on her face.

You bit your bottom lip and averted your gaze. "Nothing. It's nothing, don't worry, I was just leaving. You seemed pretty upset, I would hate to impose any further," you said quietly. You stood up from your seat.

Although you didn't want to admit out loud, you were sort of pissed about how Minji didn't even bother to at least come to her door and see what was wrong when Han had called out to her earlier saying that it was an emergency. She clearly didn't take her younger member's words seriously. You can understand that she's in a bad mood, but you knew that even if you were in a bad mood, you would still come out as soon as anyone said the words Minji and emergency. Maybe it's unfair of you to think that way, but at the moment, you're just in pain and desperate to get some much needed rest.

Minji was quick to run up to you and grab you by the hand, before pulling you into her arms. She held you tightly, nuzzling your neck with her nose. "Are you okay?"

You nodded, not saying anything.

"Y/N? Baby?" She furrowed her eyebrows, puzzled by your lack of response. "A-Are you mad at me? Oh, God, it's because of my bad mood earlier, isn't it?" She looked into your eyes, an upset look in her own.

You were surprised that she pointed out her own problem on her own without you having to explain it first. You liked that.

"God, I'm so, so sorry," she whispered. "I should've come out earlier, as soon as I heard Hanni say that it was an emergency. I was just mad about some things that happened today, and I was ignoring everything else. Ugh, I'm such an idiot!" She dropped her head back into the crook of your neck and sighed.

It was hard to be mad at her, so you dropped the short-lived act and patted her head. "Don't. You're not stupid, babe. You were in a bad mood. Plus, I'm fine now, nothing that a little rest and cuddles from my girlfriend can't fix, yeah?"

She pouted. "Yeah, but I should've been the one to help you clean yourself up. Instead, I stayed holed up in my room and my best friend did it for you instead," she grumbled. She was clearly upset with herself.

You sighed, before grabbing her hand and dragging her back to her room-obviously not without saying thank you and goodnight to Han. Once you reached Minji's room, you plopped down on the bed, careful of your bruises and other injuries, and beckoned for her to join you. When she did, you placed her arms around you and cuddled up to her.

"I love you. So much. I'll talk to your company in the morning, okay?"

You nodded, kissing her collarbone lovingly. "Thank you. I love you more. Goodnight."

And with that, you fell into a deep slumber.