(request) hanni › one-sided (pt. two)

Your home was empty. It felt eerily cold and quiet, almost as if it were lacking any presence at all. But you were there, sitting rigidly on the sofa in the living room and staring at the TV, which was playing some show on mute; you couldn't be bothered to care which one. Over the time that's passed, everything seems to have been blurred into a foggy white haze in your mind.

It's been almost ten days since you've seen Hanni anywhere, or even just talked to her, and you feel as though you're going insane. This is the longest you've ever had to go without her by your side. The two of you were inseparable.

The night that she kissed you, you have no idea when, but after you fell asleep on the sofa in the living room, Hanni must've snuck out; you haven't seen her since. You must've really upset her with your reaction, and to say that you feel guilty would be an understatement. You can't even begin to explain how much remorse you feel.

You just want to see her again.

You've come to realize just how important she is to you, how much you needed just her presence to get through a day.

Just how much you love her.

You've done a lot of thinking over the time that's passed. Maybe you and Hanni could have talked and figured something out. Maybe you could make you and Hanni work, or work with her to discover your own feelings and sort yourself out. Maybe you could have worked.

But you stupidly only glared and left. You can only imagine how hurt she must've felt because of your actions.

Suddenly, your phone rang loudly, disrupting the stiff soundless atmosphere. You could've sworn you turned your ringer off. You haven't really communicated with many people ever since Hanni stopped talking to you and began ignoring you.

Nonetheless, you peered over at your phone, and saw that it was Minji who was calling you. Underneath her contact photo, you could see her last sent message to you, which was sent just before the call, and read 'Emergency. Please pick up now, Y/N. It's Hanni.'

Emergency. It's Hanni. Those three words alone sent a surge of panic flooding through your veins. Minji only uses the word emergency if something truly horrible happened. She doesn't use the word lightly.

You immediately picked up the phone, praying that it was nothing serious. It was a joke. There's no real emergency and Hanni is fine. She's fine, right?

"Y/N?" You heard Minji call out quietly from the other line.

You gulped before speaking, something you haven't done in a few days. "Min- Minji-unnie. She's alright, isn't she? She's fine. Right?" You questioned. Your voice came out unsteady. You have a bad gut feeling.

Minji sighed, but she was cut off by another voice on her end of the line.

"Unnie, Hyein won't stop crying, what do I do?" You recognized Danielle's Australian accent anywhere. This must be bad if Hyein can't stop crying. Although she's young, she doesn't do it often, nor does she like doing it in front of people.

"One moment, Y/N." Minji mumbled. You heard shuffling, and then soft cries getting nearer. Minji must've gone to Hyein to hold her. All of you know that Hyein finds the most comfort in Minji's embrace, since the eldest usually acts as all of you guys' parental figure when you're not around your actual parents or guardians.

"Okay," Minji started. "Y/N?"

"Y-Yes, Unnie?"

"You need to get down here to the hospital. Now. Hanni's been in an accident."

🍻

It was all a blur, how you got to the hospital as fast as you did, but seeing as you're fine and you don't have a ticket or anything, you think it's safe to assume everything went smoothly.

After getting the greenlight from reception, you rushed up to the floor that the girls told you to go to. As you walked down the corridor, you caught sight of all of them standing outside of a room-well, except for Haerin; she's most likely in the room.

With unease in every step, you approached the girls. The atmosphere was tense-awkward, in your opinion. You haven't talked to them in over a week, what were you meant to say?

Surprisingly, however, you didn't even have to say anything, seeing as when she spotted you in front of them, Hyein unattached herself from Minji and ran to you. She threw her slender arms around your neck and hugged you tightly.

"Unnie!" She cried. When you pulled away, you saw that her face was red and puffy, and she looked exhausted. She was still sniffling, and she now looked as if she was going to cry again. "I missed you, Unnie." She said quietly.

You cooed and wiped her tear-stained face with the sleeves of your sweater. "Oh, sweetheart, don't cry, don't cry. Unnie's back. I'm sorry for disappearing, I just wasn't feeling good." You explained. As you pulled Hyein in for another hug, you were trying your damnedest not to cry in front of them, but you let a tear slip free.

When the two of you pulled apart, you turned to look at Minji and Danielle, a guilty and apologetic look taking over your nearly lifeless-looking features.

None of you said a word. Danielle and Minji simply embraced you in a group hug, and Hyein joined in. They all whispered comforting words to you.

A few moments later, you pulled away. You now had to face the elephant in the room. Or, rather, the elephant in the room right next to you four.

"You've got this, Y/N. Make things right with her." Danielle cheered quietly.

You nodded and faced the door. With a shaky hand, you held the doorknob, twisted it, and then pushed the door open.