newjeans family (pt. four): 울지 마세요 (don't cry)

You kept your head down as Kwon Dohyeon, a senior at your high school, slapped your head playfully

You kept your head down as Kwon Dohyeon, a senior at your high school, slapped your head playfully. It still hurt, though.

"Yah, hoobae. Look me in the eyes when I'm talking to you," he demanded.

You timidly, and very slowly, lifted your head and gaze so that you could look into his eyes. He spoke his next words with a threatening undertone.

"You," he started, poking your chest, "are going to complete my math homework, do you understand?" He asked quietly. His voice was deep; serious.

You gulped.

The next day, you trudged into the school building with a deep frown tugging at your lips, and visible exhaustion appearing on your face in the form of heavy lids and dark under eyes. You stayed up all night completing not only your own homework, but also Dohyeon's. It was exhausting, but you did it.

You're so tired that you didn't even raise your head from where it lay on your desk when someone entered your first period classroom. You didn't notice the way that everyone gasped and then quieted down. You were too busy dozing off with not a care in the world.

That is, until you heard a familiar voice whispering in your ear. "Y/N. Hey, sunshine, you gotta wake up for me, okay?"

At first, you thought that you were dreaming, so you didn't make an effort to move, but then you felt your body being shaken, which caused you to groan and sit up, afterwards stretching your body. You still had your eyes closed.

And when you opened them, they widened. Standing in front of you was your older sister, Haerin. The reason you were shocked to see her is because she's an idol, so one wouldn't really think that they would see her in a high school. Why is she here?

"Don't worry," Haerin said quietly, patting your head, "just let Unnie talk right quick and then everything will be okay."

All you could do was nod, not knowing what she had in mind. Maybe her company sent her here to talk to a few classes. You have no clue.

Haerin slowly walked around the room. The way that she walked, the somehow deafening sound of her combat boots hitting the floor with every step, and the way she had her hands clasped together with a frown on her face, was enough to have the class on the edge of their seats, and to know that she wasn't playing around.

You know Haerin. She's a logical person and never quick to get angry at little things. So for her to be here with an aura such as the one she has surrounding her right now, you're worried, to say the least.

You were taken by surprise when she spoke up again.

"Which one of you is Kwon Dohyeon?"

The class stilled, not many of them daring to move a muscle, but a select few extended their arms to point a finger at Dohyeon, who bit his lip, early nervous.

You're thoroughly surprised with how Haerin's commanding the room. It's so unlike her. But you didn't say anything. You just hope she doesn't do something to tarnish her image.

Haerin walked up to Dohyeon. She gently placed her hands flat against his desk and leaned down. A frown adorned her face as she looked down at the student.

"If I ever hear about or see you bullying my little sister, I will do more than just come down here and talk to you, understood?" Haerin kept her voice quiet, but loud enough for Dohyeon and others near him, including you, to hear it.

Dohyeon's eyes widened as he gulped and nodded his head rapidly. Haerin cracked a small smile, satisfied.

Your own eyes widened when you heard what she said, and even more so when you saw Dohyeon's response. Does this mean that he'll leave you alone? For good? You felt such a rush of relief that it brought tears to your eyes. You quickly held up a hand in front of your mouth as tear after tear began to roll down your cheeks.

When you sniffled, that's what caught Haerin's attention. She was quick to spin around and rush to your side. She kneeled down and began to rub your back.

"Hey, Unnie's here. Don't cry, don't cry. Everything's okay now, little one," Haerin soothed, kissing your forehead afterwards. "Come on, let me gather your stuff, we're going home. Up, up." She helped you stand from your seat and then picked up your school supplies and your backpack.

With that, she held your hand and led you out of the classroom.

You couldn't be more happy right now. You feel beyond lucky to have a sister like Haerin by your side.