minji › girlfriend

This is the Minji version of an imagine.

***

You awoke to the feathery touch of a thumb gently caressing your cheek. You opened your eyes and saw your Minji lying in front of you with a sleepy smile playing on her lips. She had stayed the night at your place after the two of you stayed up late studying together.

Her smile widened when you made eye contact. You couldn't help but giggle at how adorable she looked with her messy bed hair and puffed cheeks.

"Good morning." She mumbled, closing her eyes again. Her voice was raspy, seeing as she just woke up. Her hand had now traveled down to rest on your waist. You took the time to stare at her features while she had her eyes closed.

"Done staring?"

You pouted, cheeks reddening as you turned your back to Minji. She giggled and pulled your body closer to her own, arms wrapped tightly around your middle. At this point, there was no space in between your bodies. Your back was pressed against her front as she snuggled into you. She hummed in satisfaction.

"Yah, don't fall asleep! We still have to go to school, precious." You said quietly, throwing the covers off of your body. You sat up and looked over your shoulder, only to see Minji already looking at you with a lovestruck smile.

You grew shy under her intense gaze, so you broke eye contact. "I-I'm gonna shower first." You mumbled shyly.

"Can I join?"

"Yah!"

🎀

An hour and a half later, you and Minji entered the school building.

Your school uniform consisted of a brown sweater over a white button-up shirt, paired with a black pleated skirt, a tie, and white knee-high socks (A/N: the Ditto uniforms). You wore yours correctly, just as you always did. Minji, however, ditched her tie, had her sweater tied around her waist, had her sleeves rolled up to her elbows, and had the first two buttons of her shirt undone. Her long brown hair was tied back into a low ponytail.

The two of you quickly met up with your two best friends at your lockers on the second floor.

"Morning, you two!" Danielle called out, waving her hand and smiling at you. You greeted her back, rolling your eyes when Minji didn't bother to do the same.

"School prez, I heard we have a chem test in fourth period, and I didn't study for it. Can you help me study during lunch? Please?" Your other friend, Hanni Pham, came up behind you and wrapped her arms around your waist as she asked the question, shooting Minji a teasing look and receiving a glare in return. You nodded and laughed at their antics, reaching up to pat her head.

"Of course I-"

You were interrupted by loud shouting from down the hall. You looked at Minji, who shook her head and gave you a stern look, but you disregarded it and walked further down the hallway to see what was causing the commotion. Minji and the others immediately followed behind.

You approached a crowd of students. You pushed past all of them to see what was going on in the heart of the crowd. What you saw made you burn bright red, anger coursing through your veins. Right in front of your eyes, a senior student was straddling a freshman, delivering blow after blow to the young student's face.

You, the school president and someone known around your school for keeping the peace, acted completely on impulse and ran up to the fighting students. You reached out and grabbed ahold of the senior's wrist, catching it before he could hit the freshman again, but he tugged you closer and quickly gained an upper hand. He twisted your arm around. You yelped in pain as he proceeded to roughly shove you back, resulting in your back slamming against the lockers.

You cried out as you cradled your arm to your chest, and soon, Hanni was by your side, holding your hand and rubbing your back, and Danielle was at your other side.

You heard gasps from the crowd of students and looked up. Through your tears, you watched as Minji walked up to the senior, grabbed him by the collar, and punched him across the face, square in the jaw.

"Minji!" You shrieked. You were frozen in shock at her actions, having a feeling that it won't end well.

You watched in horror and fear for her safety as the senior rubbed his jaw and stood back up, a menacing look in his eyes. Your breath hitched as he glared at Minji. You tried to run to her, but you were held back by Danielle and Hanni. Thankfully, a big relief to both you and her, two other students grabbed the troublesome one by the shoulders and dragged him away.

Minji scoffed and helped the freshman stand to his feet, before looking back at you. As soon as she did, her eyes softened and she hurried to your side.

"Are you okay, babe?" She questioned. She cupped your face with one hand, using the other to lift and examine your wrist and arm.

You whimpered in pain. She pressed a gentle, chaste kiss to your wrist, before wrapping an arm around your shoulder and leading you away from the scene, Danielle and Hanni following closely. They led you to the nurse's office, where you were instructed to sit down.

"Okay, I'm going to move your wrist in a few ways, tell me if any of them hurt." Nurse Joy informed kindly.

She was a very sweet, middle-aged lady that you looked up to. In return, she was also fond of you and loved your charming personality and love for the other students. And she also enjoyed the small cakes you bring in for her once a week. They really make her day. And with knowing you, she also knew your girlfriend and best friends. Nurse Joy also happened to be used to the fact that if one of you were in here, then all of you would be.

Nurse Joy grabbed your wrist and began to move it in a couple different ways. You cried out in pain when she moved it in a certain direction, and threw your head back as you bit your lip.

"I want to kill that douche." You heard Minji mutter darkly. You felt your heart swoon at her protectiveness.

"I'm so sorry, sweetie. It seems you have a sprained wrist. Do one of you want to tell me what happened?" Joy asked. She gently wrapped up your wrist as she waited for one of them to talk.

"Well," Danielle started. "We met up by our lockers like we usually do, but then we heard yelling and saw a bunch of students crowding around in the hallway, so Y/N went to check it out and naturally, we followed. Turns out, a senior was beating the heck out of a freshman, so Y/N, being the awesome school president she is, tried to stop it. But-"

"But that jackass twisted her wrist and then shoved her into the lockers." Minji snapped, an angry furrow in her brows. Hanni placed her hand on the older's shoulder, gesturing for her to calm down.

"It's okay, guys. I'm fine, I promise. A little ice and some rest and I'll feel better!" You chirped, offering everyone a bright smile.

Joy smiled back, patting your shoulder as she spoke, "That's right. Your wrist might start to swell, and it may hurt for a bit, but you should feel better shortly. Minji, you can sit with her in the front office while I call her mother." She wrote out notes for both Danielle and Hanni as they all grabbed their stuff.

You bowed as Joy handed you a bag of ice. Then, you bent down to grab your stuff, but you stopped when Minji beat you to it. You both had a staring contest for a few seconds before you pouted and gave up, leaving her to grin to herself. You all bowed towards Nurse Joy one last time before exiting the office.

"Hanni and I will stop by after school. And don't worry, I'll help the nuthead study for her test." Danielle said, hugging you, followed by Yunjin.

"Bye, guys!" You waved, watching as the two walked off towards their classes. After you and Minji walked into the front office, you sat down on a bench near the door to wait for your mother to pick you both up.

You smiled as she wrapped an arm around your waist and pulled you closer.