(request) hanni › just a fling (pt. one)

A/N: Bam bam baaaaaam, the longawaited (okay, that was a bit of an exaggerated detail) part two of the HANNI imagine, Hookup! Enjoy 🍿

***

It was currently one a.m., yet you're still awake. Ever since the incident with Hanni, which was a few days ago, you haven't been able to sleep as easily. So you decided to go to one of the few people who knew how to help you fall asleep. The leader of your group, Hwang Eunyeong.

You slowly got out of bed, trying your best not to wake up your roommate and bandmate, Nam Gyuri, and soundlessly tiptoed across the hall.

The way the dorm worked was that you and Gyuri, both eighteen years old and the maknaes of the group, roomed together, and the Unnie line, Tanaka Konami and Eunyeong, both nineteen years old, got their own rooms.

As quietly as you could, you knocked on Eunyeong's door. After a few moments, you heard shuffling, followed by the sound of someone getting up. Then you heard footsteps approaching the door, and before you knew it, the eldest was standing before you, hair messy and eyes half open.

Upon seeing you, her face softened. She grabbed you by the wrist and dragged you into her room. She made you lie down on her bed, and then she joined you. After pulling the covers over both of your bodies, she laid her head down and faced you.

"Hey," She whispered.

You smiled. "Hi, Unnie."

"Can't sleep?"

You chuckled. "You already know the answer to that question."

She gave you a sympathetic smile. You felt your own smile drop slowly as you thought back to the events that caused you to miss sleep. Everything that happened on that day.

You were just a fling.

"Do you want to talk about it? You still haven't told me what's been bothering you, love. The girls and I are worried about you." Eunyeong said.

You sighed heavily. "I just... I still can't believe what she said to me. I thought that maybe I had a chance. I don't know, it sounds stupid, but... I still love her." You confessed.

Eunyeong smiled. "That's natural, darling. You loved her before it happened, and even though it happened, your love won't just go away overnight. It takes time. Did she apologize for what she said? Or at least explain why she said it, or something?" She asked.

You cast your gaze down to your lap, feeling the tips of your ears turn red in embarrassment. "Uhm, I- I, uh, didn't... let her explain... And I haven't, uhm, talked to her since it- since it happened..." You trailed off.

The older immediately facepalmed.

🗝

Just like you did on the day you confessed to Hanni, you were once again standing anxiously outside of the NewJeans dormitory, waiting for one of the girls to let you in. You nervously tugged at the sleeve of your leather jacket and bit your lip. You hated the bundle of nerves and the tight feeling in your stomach. You're not used to feeling this way. You miss when you were able to hold Hanni in your arms, kiss her, and play with her hair.

Several moments later, the door was finally opened by none other than Minji, who smiled apologetically. "Sorry, Y/N! We're all watching a movie, so we didn't hear you knocking at first." She explained.

You smiled back. "Don't sweat it, Unnie. I actually came to see Hanni, if that's alright."

"Oh, yes, of course. Come in."

You stepped into the dorm and followed Minji into the living room, where you were met with all of the girls cuddled up on the couch, invested in the movie they were watching. When they noticed you, they all smiled and got up to greet and hug you. Everyone except Hanni.

When the girls sat back down, you looked over at the second eldest of the group, who was staring down at her lap and fiddling with her fingers.

"Hanni-unnie," You called out. "May I please speak to you? Alone?"

Hanni looked up, avoiding your eyes as she nodded and stood from the couch. She made her way over to you and then led the way to her room.

As soon as you shut the door, you were startled when she flung herself at you and wrapped her arms around your waist, hugging you tightly. She nuzzled her face against your chest, since she's shorter than you, and you heard quiet cries spilling past her lips.

You felt bad. You don't like to see or hear her cry. So, with reluctance, you lifted your hand and cradled the back of her head against your chest, and wrapped your other arm around her shoulders.

"Y/N!" She cried. "I'm so sorry for what I said, I- I-I really didn't mean for it to come out, I was just upset, I swear. The truth is..." She sniffled and took a deep breath. "I really like you. But I got scared. I mean, we're just rookies, we still have our whole career ahead of us, and- and I wasn't thinking clearly because I thought my dream would be over if we went public! At that moment, I wasn't thinking clearly, and I said something I didn't mean. Y/N, y-you're not any less important than my dream, I swear. I-... I love you." She removed one of her arms to wipe at her tears, only for more to cascade down her cheeks.

Your face softened. She actually took the initiative and explained things to you. It felt good to hear.

You caressed her cheek and leaned down to press a gentle kiss to her forehead. "It's okay, baby. I guess I'll forgive you." You joked. "But in all seriousness, thank you for explaining your side of the story. I was hurt when you said those words to me, but knowing your reason makes me feel a little better. Can we start over?" You asked. You looked down at her with hope shining in your eyes.

She grinned. "Can we just start as girlfriends?"

Your eyes widened. "Really?!" You could barely contain your smile.

"Of course!"

"Hell yeah!"

With that, she pulled you closer by the nape of your neck and pressed her lips against yours lovingly. You both smiled into the kiss.