hanni › keep me with you

Inspired by Bungo Stray Dogs (an anime I think you all should watch btw, it's really good! ^___^). Magic ability AU.

***

You woke up with a really bad gut feeling. It was like you knew something bad was going to happen today. So you kept your eyes peeled at school, looking for anything odd or anything that stood out to you; but there was nothing that you could find. It was just a regular day for you, nothing too out of the ordinary. The people around you in your classes were messing around and bothering other students with their abilities, some using them as a part of their class assignments, and some just using them to distract themselves from class, as usual. Just a normal Tuesday for all of the students at Ador International High School.

But you proceeded everywhere with caution in your steps. Here at AIHS, kids were ruthless when it came to pranks, and you couldn't shake the unease you felt whenever you thought about the fact that maybe the bad gut feeling you had was telling you that you might be the next victim of an awful prank or joke. So you were aware of your surroundings throughout the day, even earning weird looks from your classmates.

You looked around warily as you entered the school's upstairs dance studio, mentally exhausted from the day and simply ready to get your body moving. Dancing was the one thing you felt made you stand out in your school. Because in a school full of gifteds, with you being one of the only non-gifteds, you seemed to be pushed to the bottom of the barrel, metaphorically speaking. So you danced with a passion. You often found yourself feeling incredibly weaker than most after a simple dance practice, however, and your body was not made for physical activities such as dance. But in your eyes, this was the only way for everyone to know your name.

"Look who finally decided to show up. You're five minutes later than me, as usual."

You lifted your head and glared at Heeju, annoyed by her remark; although you were very well used to it by now after two years of being in the same club together, and the two of you were friends, she never failed to get on your nerves. It was just part of her personality, she always says.

"Oh, piss off. Not everyone can teleport, asswipe." You retorted, rolling your eyes.

You proceeded to set your bag down and ignore the sharp glare she gave you in response. When you heard the door open behind you, you didn't bother to turn around to see who it was. One thing that you were gifted with when you were brought into this world was incredible smell. And the first scent that flooded your nose was vanilla. You smiled and turned to face the tall boy who walked into the room.

"Sunwoo," You greeted him, smiling warmly. He returned the gesture as the two of you hugged each other. You've always been fond of the older boy.

After the two of you parted, you turned to face Heeju again, shooting her a confused look. "Where's everyone else? Shouldn't they be here by now?" You asked.

Heeju shrugged, lazily tying her shoe laces. "Erin and Leejung are on a so-called 'super-duper-important-can't-miss-this-for-the-world date,' so they're gonna be no-shows, Heesoo had to go home and skip today's practice to help mom with something, Sumiwara texted the group chat and told us she was sick-which you would know if you ever checked your damn phone-and Seola left early this morning for her ten-day trip to the States with her grandparents, so we won't be seeing her for a while." She explained.

You blinked a couple of times, before nodding and double-knotting your own laces. "I guess it's just us, then." You stated.

You walked to the center of the room with Sunwoo and Heeju, and began your stretching routine so that you could quickly move on to practicing for the big dance event that's coming up.