(request) danielle › moonlight (pt. one)

"Dani," You giggled quietly into the phone.

It was nearing midnight in Australia, and you, being the mischievous little ten-year-old girl you are, had awoken during the night, and the first thing that came to your little mind was to go and attempt to steal one of your parents' phones. You had a sudden desire to talk to your best friend, Danielle Marsh-or by her Korean name, Mo Jihye.

You met Danielle way back in preschool. It was the second day of school when she approached you and asked you for help tying her shoe. She had shyly introduced herself as Dani, which, looking back at it as older you, was probably one of the cutest things you've ever witnessed in your life. You didn't know what love was-hell, you still don't know at your young age-but you were pretty sure that you had fallen in love with her on that day. She was like an angel when she came up to you.

You've always been an opinionated, outgoing, and confident kid. The exact opposite of Danielle, who was more demure, shy and reserved, always dependent on you, which you never minded. The two of you were polar opposites, yet you fit so perfectly together. Wherever you were, she was most likely there as well. And vice versa. You've gone to every school dance and event together, you've gone on countless friend dates with each other, and you both even have matching clothes.

Back to the present time, you grinned when you heard Danielle whisper back a soft, "What are you doing up so late, Y/nnie?" Her voice sounded so concerned, which was usual. You were always the one getting hurt easily and picking fights with kids and doing other things of the sort, and she was always the one to worry for you and scold you (if your parents weren't already doing so).

You pouted. "I woke up and now I can't go back to sleep, so I decided to call you. I'm just glad Mrs. Marsh let me talk to you, and that you were even awake at this time."

"Yeah," You could practically hear the soft smile on her face. "My parents and I are having a movie night, so we're staying up late."

You gasped quietly, snuggling further into your blanket. "Oh, why didn't you say so?! I'll leave you to it, I'll just call you tomorrow morning!" You whisper-shouted.

She giggled. "It's no trouble, dummy. I like talking to you at any time of the day, no matter what I'm doing." She said sweetly.

Your movements slowly came to a halt as your brain seeminlgy stopped functioning. Your heart fluttered in your chest due to her words, maybe even skipped a beat.

"Me too, Dani, me too."

🌑

"Dani!" You yelled out her name as you both ran to each other from opposite ends of the parking lot, ignoring your parents' shouts for you to stop and be careful.

When the two of you collided, you hugged each other tightly. You nuzzled your face against her shoulder, breathing in her familiar and comforting scent, one that you could never forget.

Even at your young age of thirteen, she was your home. While you loved your parents, you personally felt like you were closer to Danielle. Home wasn't the house that you lived in, not the four walls that you've always known. It was wherever she was. Wherever you were with her. In her arms, in her thoughts, your name on her tongue and vice versa. Everything about her was home to you. You have yet to realize what you're feeling, you can't put your finger on it, but you just know that it feels good. You feel good around her.

When your parents reached you, they chuckled lightly, although you knew that they were probably a little shaken by the fact that the both of you just ran across a parking lot without them. You walked forward and hugged Danielle's mother and father with a wide grin on your face.