(request) hanni › no-show

You've never been the type of person to go on dates

You've never been the type of person to go on dates. The idea of taking someone out or being taken out to get to know one another so that you can become a couple just didn't seem appealing to you. You prefered being single.

That is, until your senior year.

A few weeks ago, you laid your eyes on a fellow senior, Pham Ngoc Han (also known as Hanni), and to say she was gorgeous would be quite the understatment in your eyes. And, yes, you've heard the rumors about her being stuck up and coming off as rude to others, but everyone's a little flawed, right? Right. She's just so charming and captivating to you.

And you're usually a pretty confident person, so it feels weird that you have to use the phrase you 'mustered up the courage' to ask her out, but you have to admit it. It took quite a lot of courage. I mean, she's her, and that fact alone had you smiling from ear to ear.

"Hanni-ssi!" You called out, waving your hand.

Hanni turned to look over her shoulder with a blank face, but when she saw that it was you, she replaced it with a friendly smile. "Yes, Y/N-ssi?" She responded politely.

You cleared your throat and crossed your arms, trying to play the situation off coolly. "Uh, I... I saw that this new café opened up, like, ten minutes from here, and I was, uh, wondering if you maybe wanted to go?"

You thanked everything that the students passing by were paying you no attention.

Hanni gaped at you incredulously, but only for a few moments, before her wide eyes and ajar mouth gradually turned into crinkled eyes and an adorable smile.

"Oh, uh, sure! What time?"

You grinned, relieved. "Tomorrow, right after school, if that works for you!"

She nodded with bright eyes. "It does. It's a date, then. I'll see you later, Y/N~" She winked at you, before turning back around and walking away.

It was now the next day. School had just gotten out. The digital clock mounted on the wall of the café read five in the afternoon; school had gotten out over an hour ago. Hanni still hasn't arrived, which confuses you because you're pretty sure she has no club activities today. So where is she?

You lifted your head quickly when you hesrd the bell ring, but were disappointed to see that it was just a couple exiting the establishment.

Where could she be? Maybe you just need to wait a little longer.

You ended up waiting until six.

For the next week after that, you had been a little down, saddened by the fact that she never showed up and you didn't get to go on a date with her. And, much to your major dislike, the same thing happened two other times. Two separate times, you've asked Hanni to go out on a date with you, and both of those times were no different from the first: you would ask her, she'd say yes, you'd wait for her for hours, she'd never show up, and the next day, you would see her around in the halls, happy as a clam.