haerin › sing me to sleep

There's no better place on Earth than in her arms

Haerin held you closely as the two of you lay on her bed in a comforting silence.

You wanted to fall asleep but it simply wasn't coming to you. You've been getting a couple of hours less sleep than you used to, what with balancing school work and your trainee life (you're an idol trainee and Haerin's already debuted in a girl group).

But that's where Haerin comes in. No matter how much you can't sleep, when she sings for you, it works like a charm.

"Haerinnie," you whispered. She's lying directly in front of you, arms wrapped around your body and eyes closed.

She sluggishly opened her eyes. She's obviously tired too, maybe even more than you. Now you feel awful.

"A-Ah, nevermind. You look tired, you can go back to sleep, babe."

Haerin shook her head and smiled. She used her hand to pull you even closer and moved to lie on her back so that you could rest your head on her chest. This is how you knew that she knew what you wanted.

"You want me to sing for you?" She asked quietly. You nodded and closed your eyes.

You couldn't see it, but she had a smile on her face as she began to sing. Her voice was angelic to your ears. It was soft and silvery, and you could never get tired of it. Ever. Moments like these are ones that you cherish, because they don't come often.

Gradually, as she got further into the calming melody, your eyes began to flutter, until they eventually slipped shut after a content sigh escaped you.

Haerin brought her hand up to rub your back gently as you fell into a deep slumber, one she knew that you needed. And with that, she easily followed suit.

There's no better thing on Earth than having you in her arms.