hyein › helping hand

*this is a rare occasion where I'll write a HYEIN imagine. this is a purely platonic imagine.

TRIGGER WARNING:
[ pedophilia (nothing to do with hyein) ]

School had just gotten out. Beads of sweat rolled down your forehead as you approached the café. Behind you was an older man, who has been following you for a while now. You were only fourteen years old, but you knew when to get out of a situation. Unfortunately, you don't know how.

So you did the first thing that came to mind.

In the café, your eyes landed on a table with two people sitting at it; an older woman and presumably her daughter. Without an ounce of hesitation, just pure anxiety, you ran up to them and sat down at their table.

"Soyeon, funny seeing you here! Did you get the homework, by chance?" You spoke nervously. Your voice shook as you looked the girl in the eyes, and then discreetly shifted them back to the old man who sat down a little ways from you. Then you turned to the woman and smiled, "And hi, Mrs. Kim, it's been a while!"

The woman's eyes widened in realization and she subtly kicked her daughter's leg, hoping to send the signal to play along.

"Hello, dear," The woman smiled warmly at you. "Soyeon told me about the project from your science class—how is it coming along?" She asked. The girl nodded along to her words, smiling, but you caught the worry in her eyes as she scooted her chair closer and brushed her arm against yours.

You giggled. "It's going great! My partner is a bit dramatic, though, but she's funny."

"That's good," The woman nodded her head, but then perked up. "Soyeon and I were just about to head out and go home, would you like to come and join us for dinner, dear?"

You immediately nodded your head, feeling immensely grateful for what they were doing for you. The three of you stood from your seats and quickly exited the café, then you let them lead you to their car.

As soon as you were in the safety of the vehicle, you let out a deep breath, and tears immediately sprung up in your eyes.

The woman turned to look at you after starting up the car. "Oh, dear, are you alright? Was that man following you?" She asked.

You stumbled over your words, "I-I-I think so. I was so scared!" You wailed. It was a bit embarrassing, crying in front of these strangers, but you honestly couldn't find it in you to care at the moment.

The girl was sitting next to you, and she wrapped her slender arms around your body and rested her head on top of yours. "I'm sorry that that happened, it must've been scary. Don't worry, my eomma and I will get you home safely."

"Thank you. Thank you so much." You whispered, hugging her back.

"By the way, I'm Hyein. Lee Hyein."

"I'm Y/N."