(request) danielle › 어깨 (shoulder) (pt. two)

The bus ride was quiet for the most part. You were able to sleep throughout the entirety of it, all due to the comfort of the shoulder your head was resting on. The girl stayed true to her offer, even when you politely declined-she still sat next to you, and then she gently pushed your head down so that it was lying on her shoulder. Shortly after, you drifted off into a much needed dreamless sleep.

And as you wake up, you start to slowly realize that you're not in the position that you remember falling asleep in. You had one arm wrapped around her torso, and your face was stuffed into the crook of her neck. She smelled good-like a bakery, you'd say. When you had that thought, that was when you shot up in your seat, now wide awake.

You bowed in your seat. "I'm so sorry for putting you in that position, that must've been so uncomfortable. I'm a really clingy sleeper sometimes." You admitted bashfully. Your cheeks were burning bright red.

She giggled. The sound was silvery, and you suddenly felt like you would do anything to hear it again.

"Again, it's no worries. It doesn't bother me." She reassured you. "I'm sure you need the sleep. And it was actually really comfortable. I don't know if you noticed, but I was holding you as well." She stated.

You looked down at your hands, which were resting in your lap. You felt embarrassed and shy.

"And it's a good thing you woke up." You looked up at her, only to see a solemn look in her eyes. "Unfortunately, this is my stop."

You felt sad, for some reason. You looked over your shoulder and out the window to see where you were, and you were thoroughly surprised to see that this was exactly where you needed to get off at.

You perked up and looked back at her. "This is my stop too!" You said excitedly.

She giggled again and absentmindedly reached for your hand as the both of you stepped off of the bus, the bodyguards following closely behind. "Where are you going?" She asked. The both of you stood near the bus stop.

You smiled. "I'm a trainee at the entertainment company right down the road." You whispered.

You watched as her eyes widened and her jaw nearly dropped. Was that a good or bad reaction? You couldn't tell. Maybe she didn't like people who're in the entertainment industry. Then that would mean that she wouldn't like you, and that thought didn't sit nicely with you. Wait, what?

"You- You're a trainee at HYBE?" She asked quietly. You nodded. "No way." You heard her mumble.

And then she pulled down her mask. Your eyes widened. You never thought that she would actually reveal her face to you, so this shocked you greatly. And you don't know what you were expecting, but it definitely wasn't to see that, this entire time, you've been talking to and leaning on the shoulder of Danielle Marsh, or Mo Jihye, one of the members of NewJeans, a girl group under the same label you're a trainee at.

"Oh my God, somebody catch me, I might faint." You muttered. Of course you've seen her around the company building, but you've never had the courage to interact with her and the other members-or any other artists at HYBE, for that matter.

She laughed at that, swinging your hands back and forth. "I knew your hair looked familiar. I've seen you around in the building. I think we may have even greeted each other a few times, yeah?"

You timidly nodded your head. "Probably. And, uhm, I know you said it didn't bother you, but now that I know that you're my sunbae and coworker, I'd like to apologize again. I'm so, so sorry for disturbing you and falling asleep on you." You bowed to her.

You heard her make a sound of protest, and then you felt her grab you by the shoulders and make you stand straight. "There's really no need to apologize, I promise. I'm completely fine with it-heck, you can come find me in the company building if you ever need a shoulder to sleep on. Or one to cry on, or someone to laugh with. I'm here. I'm your friend now." She smiled.

"But," She continued. You bit back a smile as you met her eyes, as she had the biggest grin on her face.

"If you really want to apologize that badly, you can take me on a date. Does that sound fair?"

***

A/N: I'm currently learning the choreography for Ditto, and Danielle's first lines are so hard TT