newjeans family (pt. two): vlive

A/N: Sorry for the lack of updates... TT I've been working on other things (including a new book!), so I've been focusing on them. I'll get working on the 2nd part for Hookup !

***

TRIGGER WARNING:
[ vague mentions of extreme dieting ]

***

Your two older sisters watched as you set up the phone on the countertop. Hanni was standing beside you while Minji was standing near the oven where the two of you were going to be baking. Once the phone was set up correctly, you pressed the record button and waited for fans to join the live.

"Annyeong, Angels!" The three of you cheered in unison. Then you took over. "Today's live is featuring two members of the monster rookie girl group, NewJeans! They are two of my pretty older sisters, Minji-unnie," Minji leaned over your shoulder and smiled at the camera. "And Hanni," Hanni also offered the viewers a charming smile. You giggled and pushed them away from you to continue.

"And today, we'll be baking chocolate chip cookies! Mainly because I've been on a diet and my manager won't let me eat cookies, so I'm doing this as a sign of rebellion." You whispered the last part with a giggle.

Then you broke out into a fit of laughter as you pointed at the screen, making Hanni and Minji smile at you. You disappeared from the frame as you fell to the floor, only for a few seconds before you returned and fully stood back up. "Sorry, guys. But I just got a text from my manager," The older two cracked up behind you, repeating your earlier actions of falling to the floor, meanwhile you tried to contain yourself, "And he told me to stop the live immediately and to not make the cookies! Yeah, well... no, thank you, I'm good!" You said the last part in English, giving the audience a thumbs up.

"I'm pretty sure someone's gonna be knocking on my door in a bit." You added with a cheeky smile. "Anyway," You clapped your hands and turned to face your sisters, who were standing upright now. "Time to begin." And then you turned back to the camera. "Hanni-unnie will be reading questions out loud while Minji-unnie and I make the cookies, because Hanni-unnie's been banned from the kitchen for two weeks. So send in the questions!" You explained to the fans.

With that, you and Minji moved to the counter opposite of the one the phone was mounted on. Hanni stood to the side of the camera so that the audience could still see her, but at the same time still see you and Minji.

You and Minji began mixing ingredients.

"Okay, first question." Hanni called out. "What was life like for you as a trainee?"

You were mixing together the dry ingredients as you answered the question. You hummed but didn't take your eyes off of your task. "It was hard, not gonna lie. I had to stick to a rough diet, I lost a lot of weight, and I was always down at the company practicing and perfecting all of my skills, sometimes into the early hours of the morning." You explained. You stopped mixing as you recalled some of the memories. "I remember one time when Minji-unnie and Hanni-unnie came to one of my evaluations and I actually ended up passing out." You laughed and continued to stir. "Not a fun time, my time as a trainee, but it's a part of my past and if it meant I would get to where I am now, then it was worth it. It truly was."

Hanni and Minji, who stopped stirring the wet ingredients, turned to look at you with a sad glint in their eyes.

You remembered how much they tried to stop you from becoming a trainee, trying to convince you that the lifestyle was intense and unhealthy and that they didn't want you to go through it. You always understood where they were coming from, more so when you started actually living that lifestyle, but nothing, not even your beloved older sisters, could deter you from your dreams of being an idol.

"Next question. Do you have any pets? If so, why haven't you ever shown them on camera?" Hanni asked a few moments later. She grinned towards you.

You smiled back. "Yes, Angels, I do have a pet. Two, actually. We have a family dog named Shelby, Bibi for short, and I have a dog of my own named Somi. There's no particular reason that I don't show them. I just don't." You replied.

You watched as Minji creamed the butter and sugar, and started singing a BTS line that popped up in your head.

"Smooth like butter, like a criminal undercover!" Hanni started singing along with you, while Minji added eggs and vanilla to her mixture, smiling at the two of you.

When you and Hanni quieted down, you added your dry mix to Minji's wet mix, watching as she stirred the two parts together until they were well combined. Then, Hanni asked another question from the fans.

"Someone asked who your idols and inspirations are."

You didn't hesitate to answer, "Oh, that's an easy one. My big sisters and my mom. My Unnies and our eomma have been there for me every step of my entire life, and I don't know where I'd be without them. I love them so much. Thank you." You directed the last part towards your sisters, who wrapped you up in a tight group hug. You giggled and squeezed them back before letting go.

"Time to add the chips, then roll and put them in the oven!" You declared. You dumped a decent amount of chocolate chips into the cookie dough, smiling in satisfaction of the appearance. Next, in a focused silence, you and the other two (you and Minji decided to let Hanni help out with this part) portioned and rolled the dough into small balls to place in rows on the parchment line baking sheet. Once that was done, you picked up the baking sheet and put it in the oven, afterwards setting the timer.

You squealed happily, "I can't wait to eat these cookies! I haven't been allowed to have a treat in two months!" You blurted out, stretching your arms over your head. You suddenly froze in your spot and turned to look at Minji and Hanni, offering them a nervous laugh. "I-I mean... Obviously that was just a joke." You tried to brush it off but Minji was having none of it.

"Y/N. Are they making you do that diet again?" She asked. Her voice had a stern edge to it, making you look up at her with a look akin to a dejected puppy.

( A/N : I think someone said that they were a sucker for the kicked puppy trope, so you know I had to >___^ )

"Maybe..." You mumbled, trailing off.

They both sighed. Hanni spoke up this time. "Last time they did that, you nearly died from starvation. Why do you still listen to those dicks anyway?" She said.

You shrugged your shoulders. "They're my company-my bosses. I have to listen to them or else." You spoke lowly.

Minji furrowed her eyebrows. "Or else what? Are they threatening you, Y/N? Tell us the truth." She demanded.

All of you completely forgot about the camera that was capturing all of this, and you ignored the text notifications from your manager telling you to shut down the live.

"N-No," You stuttered. "But... I have to do better on my self-management. What if... What if my fans don't love me anymore if I put on weight? What then?" You cried. Tears streamed down your face as you looked Minji in the eyes, then Hanni.

Hanni stepped forward and pulled you into a hug. She used her hand to cradle your head against her chest, while her other one wrapped around your shoulders. You snaked your own arms around her waist and cried into her shirt.

"Y/N. Whatever those asswipes at your company have drilled into your head, it's not true. None of it. Your fans love you no matter what." Minji spoke as she joined the hug and rubbed your back. "You should know that by now. And if some of them don't, then you don't need them. You only need to surround yourself with a crowd who loves you and supports you no matter what you look like or what your weight is. Hanni and I can wholeheartedly say that we love you whether you're slim, chubby, or fat. You're still our little sister. Always." She said.

You cried even harder. "T-Thank you. I l-love you guys!" You exclaimed.

"Oh, I just remembered that the live is still on, guys." Hanni suddenly chimed.

"Crap."