(request) danielle › sixth member: jealousy

"I want you so, want you so say it ditto."

As you sang the final line of the song and Hyein did her last notes, you smiled at the camera. A few moments passed, and then applause echoed throughout the studio, making you and the girls smile and clap along.

"Amazing! That was one of NewJeans' latest releases, Ditto! A charming song!" The host, Park Subin, shouted excitedly. You all laughed along.

Moments later, you found ourselves talking about your motivations for getting into music. You were sat in between Hanni and Hyein, much to both your and Danielle's dislike. You both love to sit next to each other whenever you can. You've been in a relationship for what seems like forever (it's really just been since July of 2022, a month before our debut), but the thing is, you're a secret to everyone, except obviously the girls and your label. While you've never been too upset about it (although you would love to go public about it), Danielle has always wanted everyone to know about your relationship. She wanted to be able to hold your hand whenever she wanted to in public, she wanted to kiss you out in the open, and she wanted to be able to go around and have everyone know that you're hers and she's yours. But you have yet to be able to do that.

On another note, recently, your manager instructed you and Hanni to show more skinship with each other. The reasoning behind that? You don't even know. But, you have to listen to your manager.

As the host went on about the relatability to something Hyein said, you felt Hanni rest her head on your shoulder and wrap her arms around your waist. You smiled and wrapped your arm around her shoulder.

You felt eyes on you from across the room and turned to look. You were met with Danielle eyeing you, but she didn't seem to mind the skinship between you and your older member, which relieved you. She even offered you two a lighthearted smile.

As the segment of the—might you add, live—show continued, you and Hanni had upped the affection. You were now seated on Hanni's lap as you and the members played a game with the host.

The game was song association versus—essentially like regular song association, but you play against somebody else to see who can think of a song first. You play by rounds, and there are ten association words per round.

It was your turn to play against Danielle, but you've gotten all of them so far, and you're already five words in, which is weird because Danielle would be really good at this—far better than you, you'd like to imagine. Your smile faltered. You noticed that she seemed to be unfocused on the game, and her eyes kept traveling down. And then it clicked. You remembered that you're still sitting on Hanni's lap.

You and the girls and the host were all taken aback when Danielle suddenly stood up with a force so great that it nearly knocked her chair to the ground. She rounded the table in an instant and then did something that shocked all of you, including the fans actively watching.

She grabbed you by your collar and kissed you (very aggressively, might you add). You kissed her back, still slightly shocked, and frowned when she pulled away.

📺

You and the girls just arrived back at the dorms, returning from the live show. The entire ride was silent. You know, the tense kind of silent, and you really didn't like it. You could tell that nobody did. It was just that none of you knew what to say, especially Danielle (considering that it was her actions that created such an atmosphere).

None of you were excited for the talk your manager was bound to give you sooner or later.

You and Danielle were now sitting in her room, across from each other on her bed. You scooted closer to her and held her hands in yours. "What was that kiss all about?" You asked softly.

She huffed and looked away, seemingly embarrassed of her earlier actions. "I- I got a little upset, seeing you act so lovey dovey with Hanni and not me, okay? It's not that big of a deal, I guess it's normal, since you're best friends, so it's fine." She stated. But her tone of voice said the opposite of her words.

You let a small smile grace your lips. "So you were jealous?" She nodded. "Aw, baby, that's perfectly fine. There's nothing wrong with that. And I'm personally not mad that you kissed me on a live broadcast, but you can understand why the girls and Manager-unnie might be mad, right?" You questioned.

She nodded again, pouting slightly. "Yes. I'm sorry."

You grinned and leaned forward to peck her lips. "It's okay, cutie."