danielle › safe with me

a/n: hi (:

Danielle had been busy all day

Danielle had been busy all day. She had vocal and dance practice, as well as a few hours of foreign language lessons. As an idol, whenever promotions come around, you and Danielle don't get to spend too much time together during the day. Normally, you're okay with that, but today, you really need her.

Everything completely went to shit a few minutes ago. You had just ran out of your home, ignoring your parents' shouting and slamming the door shut behind you. Frustration-induced tears were quick to begin rolling down your cheeks like sorrowful pearls. A reflection of your negative emotions; your anger. Your parents were fighting about you. Again. They always do. They both blame each other for the way that you turned out, and by 'the way you turned out,' you mean as a trainee. You've been a trainee for only a few weeks at this point, meaning you leave school early or sometimes miss a school day altogether.

The trainee life piled a lot of stress onto your shoulders, as you're only a teenager, but not as much as you initially thought it would. But, regardless of your strong mindset and dedication to your lifestyle, you still find yourself slowly losing your mind because of all of the fights between your parents that you've been causing recently. Your father blames your mother for you wanting to seek out an idol career because she's a big K-pop fan and somehow "influenced you," while your mother says that your father never properly taught you that being an idol isn't the right path for you. That's right, they never had faith in you, even after the several times you showcased your talents.

Soon, you found yourself running through the corridors of the HYBE building, headed straight for a specific dance studio room. When you reached it, you threw the door open without warning and then shut it behind you. You pressed your back against the wall beside the door and slid down it, trying to catch your breath and calm the tears pouring down your cheeks and the panic bubbling in your chest. You could feel yourself slowly losing your grip on your previously stable mindset the more you thought about your life as of recently. Because of that, you spiralled into a poor state of panic and distress, which instantly alarmed the NewJeans members.

"Oh, no," you heard Haerin say quietly as she, Minji, Han, and Hyein watched Danielle approach you.

You heard Danielle's cautious footsteps getting closer. You lifted your head, and when you did, she offered you a small, empathetic smile. Her gaze was warm and inviting; just looking at her allowed you to calm down a little bit, but not enough.

"Hey, baby," Danielle called out quietly. "Is it okay if I sit there?" She asked as she pointed to the spot next to you. You nodded, so she took a seat next to you.

"Can I hold you? Is that alright, love?" She asked once more. You nodded again. She smiled and then carefully pulled you into her arms, holding you in a tight, loving embrace. You continued to cry in her arms. Your hands were shaking badly as you fiddled with your fingers.

She began to stroke your arm with her hand, her fingertips lightly brushing up and down your exposed skin in an attempt to comfort you. She then spoke up with a gentle timbre. "Shh. Shh. Take a deep breath, baby. Breathe for me," she whispered in your ear. Her voice was soothing in your ear, contrasting your raging thoughts. "You're safe here with us. With me. Don't think about or focus on anything else, just focus on my voice. Listen to my words. You're right here in my arms, isn't that good, love?"

You nodded wordlessly, before taking a few deep breaths, following Danielle's demonstration of the action. You gradually felt your heartbeat calm, no longer beating violently against your ribcage. You felt you lungs begin to feel some relief after so many quick, shallow breaths.

"Good girl," Danielle murmured to you, smiling softly. You returned the expression as best you could, despite your trembling bottom lip.

After a few moments of comfortable silence, in which Danielle allowed you some more time to further calm down, she kissed your head. "Baby," she called out, "do you want to tell me what happened? If you don't want to, that's your choice, of course, but I think it might help to talk about it. But remember, take your time. We have all the time in the world, and we can stay like this for as long as you want, my love," she explained.

You sighed and looked up into her eyes. They held nothing but love, patience, and understanding, which nearly had you tearing up. "I love you, Dani," you whispered. She whispered a soft I love you, and then let you speak once more. "Well, uhm... I've been really stressed lately, and I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to worry, but my parents have been fighting again, but it's worse this time," you confessed. "Sorry for not telling you," you added.

Danielle frowned.

You had talked to her in the past about your parents' constant fighting, way before you became a trainee and had only had the dream of becoming an idol. There were many times where you expressed your frustration to your girlfriend, and she listened like she always does. You're very thankful to have someone like her in your life. Someone who's actually on your side and supports you—including Hyein, Minji, Haerin, and Han.

"No, don't apologize, Y/N," Danielle quickly said. "I get it why you didn't tell me, I understand. And I'm sorry you're so stressed and having to sit through all of that fighting, baby. Is there anything I can do to help you? Anything?" She asked. She smiled softly at you and brought her hand up to cup your cheek, before kissing your other one.

You smiled back and leaned up to peck her lips lovingly. "Just being with you right now and having your comfort is enough to get me through almost anything, Dani," you told her. You then looked up at her hopefully. "But... can I stay the night at your dorm for a bit? Please?" You questioned.

Danielle giggled and nodded her head, before wiping the remaining tears from your cheeks and planting sweet kisses all over your face. "Of course you can, baby. Now, come here, put your head on my chest and close your eyes. You can take a nap. I'll wake you up in half an hour, love, I promise," she said to you, briefly glancing over at Minji, who nodded her head.

You sighed contently. You were exhausted after all the crying and panicking you had previously done, so her idea didn't sound half-bad. So you nodded.

"Okay. Thank you, Dani. I love you," you whispered.

"Love you more, baby."