(request) hanni › one-sided (pt. one)

The colorful lights surrounding you in the dark house almost had you squinting as you wandered around. You had just arrived at a party being thrown by a fellow senior at your school, per request of Minji. She had called you and asked you to come and pick up Hanni because she didn't want to leave the party just yet, but Hanni told her she was a little tipsy and not feeling well.

So, here you are, just barely navigating through the sea of bodies around you to try and find your friends. People were jumping up and down, dancing wildly, and screaming along to the music, all of which made your task harder.

But finally, after what felt like forever to you, you approached the kitchen and spotted an annoyed Minji standing next to a giggling Hanni. As soon as Hanni spotted you walking up to them, she ran to you and threw her arms around you.

"Hey, Han," You greeted her, trying not to speak too loudly in her ear, but hopefully loud enough for her to hear you. "You're coming with me, okay?"

Hanni nodded sluggishly, before turning back to Minji and offering her a cute wave. Minji waved back smiling at the both of you.

🍻

You looked over at Hanni with a fond look in your eye. She had fallen asleep pretty easily after getting into the car.

Your mind drifted off to her recent behavior. Lately, you've noticed that she seems to be more touchy than usual, which didn't immediately strike you as odd, but it did once she started sitting on your lap out of nowhere, or randomly kissed your cheek. For years, the two of you have been best friends, and she's the person you're closest to in life, but never have the two of you initiated skinship of that sort. You both just stuck to hugs and hand-holding.

You were brought out of your thoughts when you heard a groan. Hanni's eyes slowly fluttered open, and she looked over at you with lidded eyes. You smiled at her and then exited the car, walking around to her side to help her out.

A few minutes later, the two of you are sitting on the floor of the cramped bathroom connected to your bedroom. You're sitting behind Hanni, holding her hair back as she emptied her stomach.

You rubbed her back soothingly. "It's alright. Let it all out."

After helping her up and brushing her teeth for her (since she was having a hard time staying awake), you helped her get changed, and then tucked her into your bed.

"Goodnight." Your fingers gently brushed her bangs away from her closed eyes, and you were about to retract your hand, but you were halted when Hanni suddenly grabbed you by the wrist and pulled you down.

You stumbled over and caught your fall by placing your hand beside Hanni's head. You were hovering over her as you stared into her now open eyes, shocked.

"Han?" You questioned.

She didn't respond. Instead, she cupped the nape of your neck and pulled you down further, pressing her lips against yours. Her lips were soft and warm, just like one would imagine.

The one thought that was flashing in your mind like blaring red lights, however, was what the fuck?

A drunk man's actions are a sober man's wishes.

Everything makes so much sense now. The strange looks she would give you when you did even the littlest things; it was love. The mean glares she would send your way whenever you playfully flirted with your friend group; jealousy. The hand-holding, the kisses, the looks; it was all because she likes you.

It all makes sense. But this is wrong. You're best friends and only that. You can't possibly feel the same for her, you're childhood best friends and have a strong bond. What would liking each other do to the connection?

With that thought, you broke the kiss and quickly pushed yourself away from her, almost as if your skin had been burnt.

"Y/N, I-"

"What the fuck was that?" You asked. You already knew the answer to your own question.

She averted her gaze elsewhere, clearly embarrassed. "I- I-I like you, Y/N." You could tell that she was still a little tipsy, but that didn't make you feel bad for her at all, despite the kicked puppy expression she sported at the moment.

You simply stared down at her incredulously as you straightened your back. Your cheeks were burning a bright pink.

You didn't say anything, only shooting her an unreadable look, and then wordlessly running out of the room.