bad girl › haerin ver.

You slammed your head down onto the lunch table and groaned loudly. The reason being the sight across the cafeteria that you just witnessed. You watched with pity as Kang Haerin, aka your girlfriend, poked a smaller student in the forehead with her index finger, while the student looked scared to death.

You rolled your eyes and stood up, gathering your homework, notebook, and laptop in your arms and taking off in the direction of Haerin, who was now laughing. Once you reach her, you set your stuff down on a nearby table, keeping your notebook held tightly in your hand. With soundless footsteps, you walked up behind Haerin, who completely disregarded the looks of bewilderment on her friends' faces, and cocked your arm back. Without hesitation, you slapped her in the back of her head with your notebook. She turned around at lightning speed, looking at you with wide eyes. The hit didn't have much force behind it, but it had enough to let her know, once she saw that it was you, that you weren't playing around.

When she realized it was you, she bit back the words that nearly slipped out of her mouth instinctively. She looked genuinely surprised-which was understandable. Besides small interactions, the two of you had never shown your relationship publicly, so to the students gathered around in the cafeteria, this situation must've seemed a lot more bewildering than it really was. Even Haerin's best friends seemed shocked at your action.

"Y-Y/N. Funny seeing you here, isn't it?" She nervously laughed, scratching the nape of her neck. You glared at her and crossed your arms. She looked at you like a kicked puppy. Her friends just stared back and forth in shock, jaws practically hanging to the floor.

"Kang Haerin, what am I going to do with you?" You quietly muttered. Then you grabbed her by the ear and pulled her down, eliciting a yelp from her. The student she was picking on covered his mouth and held in his laughter. Disregarding everyone's reactions, you brought your lips up to Haerin's ear and made your voice as menacing and as promising as you possibly could.

"Listen here, Kang Haerin. We already talked about your behavior towards others and how you treat them. If you don't start treating the people around you right, I'm gone." You hissed in her ear in a low voice. "I love you-you know that-but you and I both know that what you do to others isn't kind, and it's only going to hurt you in the long run, yeah? Remember, I'm always here to talk if something's bothering you or causing you to act this way, okay?" You finished by making your voice softer and more encouraging. The action was subtle, easy for the other students to miss, but you gently caressed the ear that you pulled her by as you whispered the last words.

Haerin nodded slowly as you let her go. She rubbed her ear and pouted. Then, she did something even you didn't expect.

She kissed you.