minji › she knows

A/N: This is the Minji version of an imagine from another book.

***

TRIGGER WARNING:
[ bullying & physical violence ]

***

You sighed to yourself as you prepared for another school day. Another day in hell.

As you stripped your body of your pajamas, you avoided looking in the mirror, not wanting to see the evident bruises littering your body. You took a quick shower and then stepped out and got dressed in your school's uniform, which consisted of a navy blue v-neck sweater on top of a white button-up shirt, tucked into a matching navy blue skirt that reached your mid-thigh, and a red tie that was tucked underneath the sweater. You applied concealer to any visible bruising on your face and neck before exiting the bathroom and your room.

‧₊˚✧

"Well, if it isn't my favorite little punching bag." A familiar voice sang from behind you as soon as you reached your locker. You hesitantly turned around, cursing at the fact that your body was just barely trembling.

"Sunbaenim, please. My friend is meeting me at my locker today and I don't want them to see." You said quietly.

"Sounds like a you problem." Your bully, Minsung, sneered as he pushed you into the lockers behind you. The sound was loud enough to grab the attention of a few other students in the hallway, but Minsung didn't care, and evidently, neither did the other students.

It was always like this. Minsung would always find the worst moments for you, and make your life a living hell. He always chose somewhere where there would be an audience to witness the bullying, and you would always be let down when no one, not a single soul stopped to actually help you. You're just thankful that Minji and the girls surprisingly still haven't found out or witnessed it with their own eyes.

Minsung continued to push, jab, and hit you, until you finally slapped his hand away, fed up. "Please stop." You snapped. This only made Minsung angry, seeing as he began to repeatedly slap your head until you were in tears. Then, he grabbed you by the hair and slapped you across the face.

The pain that you felt was unimaginable. The sting in your cheek brought tears to your eyes as you clenched your fists and hissed.

That's definitely going to leave a mark.

"You are nothing. Remember that." As he spoke, he trailed his hand up your thigh. "No one cares that you're getting bullied, do they? Look around. No one in this damn hallway helped you. You're fucking worthl-"

You gasped and dropped to the floor as Minsung was suddenly kicked to the ground, leaving him groaning in pain on the floor.

Crouched before you was Kim Minji, a popular student that you've been tutoring for a month now, and have grown quite fond of. Before your tutoring lessons, you had never talked to the younger, or anyone at all, for that matter. But after you started tutoring her for such a long period of time, you inevitably grew closer. Minji had introduced you to all of her friends and insisted that you sit with her at lunch everyday, which led to you growing close to her friends, too. You adored Minji and the way she would cling to you if you focused your attention on someone else longer than on her. And you'd be lying if you said you didn't have a crush on her.

"Are you alright, Y/N?" Minji asked, breaking you from your thoughts. Your head dropped as tears fell from your eyes. A couple tears turned into sniveling, as you shook your head. You couldn't see it, but Minji's face was filled with sadness, before it morphed into anger. She kissed your forehead tenderly, before standing up and stomping over to Minsung, who was being helped up by two students.

"You asshole." She scoffed. She aggressively shrugged off her blazer, threw it on the floor, and rolled up the sleeves to her uniform sweater. In an instant, Minji's fist had mercilessly collided with Minsung's jaw, sending him back to the floor. Surrounding students gasped as they took a step back.

Fast footsteps caught your attention and you turned to see Hyein, one of you and Minji's friends, run up and crouch beside you. She grabbed you by the shoulders and pulled you into a tight hug.

"Unnie, are you okay?! Are you hurt anywhere?!" She screeched. You slowly revealed your face to Hyein, whose jaw dropped at the sight of the red handprint on your cheek. Before she could even open her mouth to speak, however, you cut her off by grabbing her sleeve.

"Innie, you have to break up the fight!" You pointed at the scene unfolding in front of you, which Hyein seemed to have not noticed. Well, it wasn't much of a fight, seeing as Minji was the only one getting in any punches.

"Oh, shoot!" Hyein mumbled. She quickly stood up and ran towards Minji and Minsung, grabbing both of Minji's arms and pulling her back. She dragged the protesting Minji back to where you were still sitting against the lockers, and threw her towards you. Luckily, Minji caught herself before she landed on you and possibly crushed you, which snapped her out of the angry daze she had been in.

She immediately cupped your face. "Come here." She whispered. She fully sat down against the lockers and pulled you into her side, wrapping her arms around your waist as you cried. "Shh. Shh. It's okay now. You're safe with me, always."

By now, Hyein had ushered all of the students to their classes, before quickly heading to her own, leaving the two of you to yourselves.

If you weren't crying so hard, you would've focused on how you felt like your body was on fire due to how close you and Minji were at the moment. Her arms around you, your head on her chest as she comforted you. You also couldn't help but blush over the fact that Minji got angry enough to beat someone up, just for you.

You're worthless.

It probably meant nothing. Just a friend helping a friend.

"I-I'm sorry, Minji. I'm sorry."

"For what?"

You sighed. "You just got into a stupid fight over nothing." You mumbled. You were startled when Minji suddenly stood up and grabbed your hands, helping you to your feet. Adding to your confusion, she dragged you down the hall and to the front entrance, and the two of you exited the school.

"What the- Minji, we can't just leave!" You whisper-yelled. You tried to pull away from her, but the younger wouldn't let go. Once you reached the student parking lot, she stopped and spun around to face you, pulling you closer.

"Listen to me. What happened back there was not nothing, okay? That asshole got what he deserved for touching you, and I would do the same thing if I ever see it happen again, do you understand?" Minji's voice was firm, and her eyes held a certain fire in them as she spoke. Her face was only inches from yours, making your own turn red.

"Okay, I understand, but where are we going...?"

"Oh," Her face suddenly lit up with the beautiful smile that you love seeing.

"We're going on a date."