🌹 › valentine's day special (MINJI)

Happy late Valentine's Day !! ❤

***

February fourteenth. The day that's all about love. The day when people gift chocolates to their significant others, or to themselves, or to their loved ones around them. A day of romance. It's a completely arbitrary day to you, though. You find it unimportant in every way. I mean, why have one specific day dedicated to love and your lover, when every day can be like that? It's not like anything particularly special happens on this day. Therefore, you simply don't find anything to enjoy about this holiday, and go about it like your normal day.

So why are you upset that Minji hasn't mentioned it to you at all today? Well, Minji's a hopeless romantic, and she loves to be sappy with you and take you on dates whenever she gets a day off. And for the last three years that you've been dating, she's taken you out on a date for Valentine's, every time. But this time around, the date has yet to be mentioned, and it's nearing seven p.m..

Minji was currently sitting next to you on the couch, her legs in your lap as the two of you were watching a horror movie. Yes, a horror movie on Valentine's day. You didn't have a problem with that, but it struck you as odd that Minji (again, the romantic sap) was the one who suggested it.

You watched carefully as she flinched in response to a jumpscare. You instinctively pulled her closer. You decided that now might be a good time to bring up the elephant in the room.

"Minji," You called out. She paused the movie and turned to look at you, raising an eyebrow as if to tell you to continue. "Do you... know what today is, by any chance?" You asked.

She cocked her head to the side and looked up pensively. After a few moments, she seemed to have drawn a blank. "Uh, it's Tuesday?" She stated, but it sounded more like a question.

You don't exactly know why, but her words caused you to visibly deflate immediately. Usually, you would never go out of your way to do anything for this holiday, but you're so used to Minji always setting something up, that now that she has clearly not done anything, you don't quite know how to feel. You do recognize that you feel a little sad, though.

Minji noticed the look on your face, and a small smile lit up hers. She grabbed your hand and pulled you closer, since you had absentmindedly drifted away from her. "Silly. I'm just kidding. I know what day it is." She said, booping your nose.

You looked into her eyes, hopeful.

"Today's the day that Hyein asked us to come over and check out her project! I'm so glad you reminded me, babe, thank you."

And again, your spirits came crashing down.

Minji excitedly stood up from the couch and rushed to the front door to slip her shoes on, and you did the same, all while sulking quietly.

‧₊˚ ♥︎

You and Minji had been driving for ten minutes now, and you didn't recognize where you were. It definitely wasn't en route to Hyein's house, though, you're sure. You looked over at Minji, examining her side profile as you tried to figure out what was going on. Although, you knew that no matter where she takes you, you trust her.

After a few more minutes of driving, Minji came to a halt in a park parking lot, and turned off the car. She stepped out and waited for you to do the same. After you did so, she headed to the back of the car and pulled out a few items, and when she came near you, you saw that she was holding a basket with a blanket on top in one hand, and a bluetooth speaker in the other. You quirked an eyebrow, confused.

"Minji, what's all this?" You questioned, already having a hunch. A small smile peeked on your lips at the thought.

She turned to look back at you. She didn't give a response, she simply smiled for a moment, and then turned around to continue walking.

You walked to a secluded spot of grass in the park, and Minji immediately got to work on laying out the blanket and setting up the basket and unpacking its contents. There was food, drinks, and cake. Next, she set up the speaker, and soon, a slow love song filled the air.

When she was finished, she stood up and walked back to you. Your eyes were sparkling under the glow of the fairy lights set up around you. She held your hands in one of hers, and pulled you closer with her free hand. Her face was just inches from yours, and the happy smile on her face and the loving look in her eyes had you melting under her touch and gaze.

"Do you like it?" She asked quietly. She moved your hands so that they were on her shoulders, while hers moved down to your hips, and then the two of you began to sway back and forth to the rhythm of the melody playing in the background.

You lowered your head and smiled against her shoulder, whispering, "I love it." You decided to confess your worries from the day. "Honestly, I thought that you had forgotten about today." You admitted.

You felt Minji's thumb gently stroking your sides. "I could never forget. I know you don't really care for Valentine's, but it makes me feel good to do something for it. I could be in the hospital with a broken leg and I'd still find a way to do something for Valentine's day, baby."

"Mm, I love you. This is perfect." You whispered against her neck, leaving light kisses on the skin.

"I love you more, lovely."