hanni › let's play ball

"Y/nnie!"

You shut your locker just in time to be caught in the embrace of Hanni. You wrapped your arms around her neck, with hers around your waist, and stroked her hair, giggling at the amount of excitement she had even though it's the end of a long school day.

"Hey, babe." You mumbled against her hair.

She pulled away to grin at you, keeping one arm around your waist. "Hyein and I came to ask if you wanted to play soccer with us?" That's when you looked over and noticed Hyein standing there with an adorable smile. You waved at her and she waved back. You had to hold back a squeal and the urge to pinch your dongsaeng's cheeks.

"And don't worry," Hanni continued. "Coach Jeon knows that we'll be out there, and my mom's down to drove you home." She finished.

You smiled warmly at her and pressed a lingering kiss against her cheek, making her grin grow wider. You cooed and said, "sure, I'll come. Who all is playing?"

The three of you proceeded to walk down the hall, making your way to the gym so that you could head outside to the field.

Hyein spoke up this time. "You, me, Hanni-unnie and the other girls, and we're going to be up against Caia, Sunyoung, Jihyo... Uh... Nakyoung, and Jisoo."

Hanni nodded to her words. "Yep-yep!" She exclaimed.

You laughed at their cuteness.

⚽️

You all were now outside. You, Hyein, Hanni, Minji, Danielle, and Haerin were standing on one side of the makeshift soccer field, while the girls on the opposing team were standing on the other side.

"Let the game begin!"

MOMENTS LATER.

After a quick first game, your team was in the lead, but the other team currently had the ball. It was being kicked by Nakyoung, who had been scowling at you the entire time you'e been out there with them.

And it stunned everyone when she suddenly kicked the ball with seemingly superhuman strength. It went flying through the air. And it was hurdling in your direction.

The air was knocked out of your lungs as the ball crashed into you, slamming right into your abdomen. The force sent you tumbling to your knees, clutching your stomach as waves of pain washed over your body.

"Y/N!" You heard Hanni shout.

All of the girls (minus Nakyoung, obviously) were immediately by your side, trying to make sure you were okay, but Hanni and Minji were the ones who were right by your side.

Minji helped you sit up, while Hanni held your hands in her own.

"Holy shit. Are you okay, baby?" Hanni questioned.

You groaned as tears brimmed your eyes. "Yup. Just fine. Peachy, actually." You hissed in pain.

Hanni stifled a laugh as she threw your arm around her shoulder and helped you stand up. She assisted you in walking back into the school building, telling the other girls that the two of you would be going home early. The rest of the girls said that it was fine, and then proceeded to scold Nakyoung for her actions, while you and Hanni made your way to the front of the school to wait to be picked up.