(request) danielle › moonlight (pt. three)

What you did next caused all the attention to turn to you.

You fell to your knees and lowered your head into the palms of your hand as you whimpered quietly. Minho was immediately by your side, panicking as he looked around at everyone around you, not knowing what to do, and not wanting to touch you since he just met you and didn't want to make you uncomfortable.

The NewJeans members looked over at the two of you, confused by the scene. Minji and Hanni were the first to go over and see what was going on, and then Hyein, Haerin, and Danielle followed suit. Minji knelt down in front of you and tapped your knee. You sniffled and gave no response.

She bit her lip. "Hey," She called out softly. "What's the matter? Are you new here?" She asked.

You wiped your tears with the sleeve of your sweater, before slowly lifting your head up and revealing your face. You immediately locked eyes with Danielle, nearly scoffing when you saw the look of bewilderment overcome her expression as her hand flew up to her mouth.

"You asshole," You seethed, crying harder. "How could you leave me like that?!"

And with that, you stood up on trembling legs and ran out of the room.

🌕

Two days later, you're still curled up on the sofa in the living room, a sad K-drama playing in the background, but that was drowned out by your sniffles. You blew your nose again for what felt like the hundredth time, and wiped at your watery eyes. You've been crying nonstop ever since you encountered Danielle the other day. Mostly because of how upset you were to finally see her after so long, only to find out that she's been living it up after leaving you, but partially because you were embarrassed of the way you ran out of the room and then the building like a child. Everything was just really overwhelming at the moment, and a part of you just wanted to go home to Australia.

When the doorbell rang, you made no move to get up and get the door. That is, until your uncle shouted from upstairs, "Y/N, get the door for me, it's important!" Knowing that you can't say no to your uncle's request, you stood up from the couch, preparing yourself for human interaction.

"Coming!" You shouted towards the front door, before running into the bathroom and splashing your face with cold water. You dried your skin, exited the bathroom, and then headed towards the front door.

When you pulled the door open, you weren't expecting to see Danielle Marsh standing in front of you. Both of your eyes widened at the sight of each other. You had that reaction because you weren't ready to face her just yet, and she had the same reaction because she was realizing that she's actually going through with her plan.

"What- What are you doing here?" You questioned quietly, your voice not above a whisper.

Danielle bit her lip pensively. It was silent for a few moments. And then, "Can I come in?"

You hesitated. Are you ready to face her? Not one bit. But are you going to be rude and tell her no? Absolutely not. As much as you hate her for leaving you like she did, you still loved her. You opened the door wider and stepped aside, closing the door after she entered the home.

You led her to the living room, blushing when you remembered the mess you made in there. "Sorry for the mess, I've been really... Uhm, sick." You lied.

Danielle didn't look you in the eyes as she responded. "You know you don't have to lie to me, Y/N. I know you like the back of my hand."

You clenched your fists. So now she's going to claim to know you so well, even after she went and left you like she didn't have a damn clue about who you were? You didn't find that fair.