(request) hanni › hookup (pt. one)

"Baby," You chuckled quietly under your breath. She continued to move her hands up and down your sides, tickling you relentlessly. "Cut it out!"

You were trying to keep your voice down, in fear that her members would overhear. The two of you were in the middle of an intense makeout, when she suddenly decided to launch a tickle attack against you.

When she finally stopped, you panted slightly and tried to catch your breath. You held her close in your arms, leaning down to press gentle kisses across her face. On her cheeks, her forehead, her nose, her chin. Moments like these were ones that you cherished with her, because they don't happen often.

You're a member of a four-member girl group called Angel A. Hanni's a member of a five-member girl group called NewJeans. You're from different labels, yet you found your way to each other. It happened at an award ceremony a year ago. The two of you were taking pictures on adjacent walls, and you decided to approach her. From there, everything was a blur, but now the two of you have found yourselves regularly going over to each other's dorms to do one thing: makeout. The thing is, you're not a couple. You're like friends with benefits, but PG13. And the worst part is that you're a secret. This factor makes you upset every time you think about it, and you want nothing more than to know how she feels about you, and to ask her to be yours and shout it out for the world to know. But at the same time, you want to respect Hanni's wish for your interactions to be kept under wraps.

As these thoughts slipped into your mind, your face gradually fell, until eventually, a frown rested on your lips.

"Y/N," Hanni called out, bringing you back into the moment. She brought her hand up to caress your cheek. "Is everything okay?" She asked.

You put on a smile and nodded your head, kissing her cheek.

"I'm fine."

🗝

Two days later, you found yourself standing in front of the NewJeans dorm, anxiously shifting your weight from foot to foot.

You had big plans for today. You've always been told to chase after the things you wanted, and what you wanted was to be with Hanni. Officially and proudly, no restrictions. You plan on asking her out today. You're aware that she's the one who wanted to have whatever this is kept private, but maybe, just maybe, she'll change her mind. Who knows? If she says yes, you'll be the happiest girl in the world. If she says no, then you don't know what you'll do from there.

Here goes nothing.

You gently knocked on the door. After waiting a few seconds, the door opened to reveal Minji. She smiled at you, gesturing you to come inside.

"Y/N. What brings you by?" She asked.

You scratched the nape of your neck and thought of a quick lie. "Uhm, I have something I came to bring Hanni."

Minji hummed and motioned with her hand for you to head to Hanni's room, so you did exactly that. You walked down the hallway soundlessly, before arriving in front of Hanni's room.

Normally, you're a pretty confident person. You're the type of person to go into things headstrong, with confidence in every step of the way. But when it comes to Hanni, god, you get so weak in the knees. You could feel your heart pounding loudly in your ears, which you were pretty sure were turning red-and you haven't even asked her out yet.

But you mustered up some courage, and knocked on the door.

When you heard a quiet come in, you placed your hand on the knob, twisted it, and pushed the door open. You walked in and saw Hanni lying on her stomach on her bed, writing something down in a journal, most likely song lyrics. She smiled when she saw you, although you could see she was surprised.

"Y/N? I wasn't expecting you here today..."

You cracked a nervous smile and stepped forward, standing by the foot of her bed. "Yeah... I have something important to ask you."

She quirked a brow, clearly curious. "Yes?"

You decided to just do it. "I'm just gonna rip the bandaid off. Will you be my girlfriend? And can we... can we possibly make it known to the public?"

It went silent for a few moments. And then, "You're joking right?"

Right then, you might as well have heard your heart shattering. You never should've done this.

"Y/N, we talked about this."

"Yeah, but what if-"

She stood up. "No, there are no 'what ifs!' It's plain and simple, Y/N. If we were to become a couple, everything would go to shit. Our careers would be over-my dream would be over."

You looked down. "I know... I just thought that maybe we could-" Once again, she cut you off, which began to make you feel frustrated.

"My answer is no, Y/N, what don't you get about that?!" She shouted.

Your head snapped up. You were sick of her yelling at you. It's not like you chose to fall in love with her. You just... fell.

"You know what? I don't even know why I thought this was a good idea." You scoffed, straightening out your black hoodie. The same one that Hanni loved to steal from you. Or used to. "It seems like some things are more important than the people who care about you."

Her nostrils flared as she looked you dead in the eyes and said her next words, which broke your heart and made you freeze in your spot.

"My dream was always more important than you. We weren't anything special to begin with. You were just a fling!"

You never thought that words would ever hurt you. They never have. You've always been a tough kid with a tough, durable mindset. Up until today. The moment you heard those words, thats when your heart broke for the second time in just the couple of minutes.

You were just a fling.

Tears brimmed your eyes. It went unnoticed by you, as you were too busy averting your gaze from her, to see her own eyes widen in shock at what she, herself, had blurted out.

She tried to reach out to you, but you stepped back. "Y/N, I-"

Without saying a word to her, you simply turned your back to her and left the room. You hurried down the hallway, not acknowledging the fact that she was following you, and made your way to the front door. Minji, who was sitting on the couch and watching a movie, stood up when she noticed the obvious anger in your strides and the way you were ignoring Hanni.

"Y/N, Hanni, is everything okay?" Minji questioned, placing a comforting hand on your shoulder and rubbing it as she gave the both of you a look of concern.

You continued to tie the laces of your boots as you answered her. "Just peachy. I just remembered that I forgot to walk my fish, so I better get going." You displayed a fake smile, hoping to not make Minji worry any further.

Hanni had other plans, though. She swatted Minji's hand away from your shoulder and stepped closer to you. You looked at her with an angry glint in your eyes as you pushed her away from you, stunning her.

"Don't move her hand away from me. You don't have that right. At least she cares." You deadpanned, before turning back to Minji. "Thank you, Minji, for letting me in earlier. I'll catch you later."

And with that, you left before either of them could say a word.

***

A/N: hopefully this was good,,,