newjeans family (pt. three): bad day

You slammed the door behind you after walking into the house

You're angry and upset, and tears were streaming down your face at an alarming rate. Your breathing was erratic. You messily wiped your eyes as you sped to your room.

You just got home from your part-time job and, god, you really couldn't hate that place more than you already do. Today, a day where you had already woken up on the wrong side of the bed, you encountered a rude customer. On top of that, your boss yelled at you and you had a panic attack in a bathroom stall.

With no hesitation, you aggressively stripped out of your clothes, threw them somewhere haphazardly, and then flopped down on your bed, wrapping yourself up in a blanket.

Only a few moments of tense silence passed before you heard a knock on your bedroom door, followed by it slowly being pushed open. You heard someone walk in, and you knew right away that it was your eldest sister, Minji.

She approached you and squatted down in front of you, beside the bed.

"Y/nnie," she called out, "what's the matter? Did something happen today?" Her voice was soft and warm, almost like a hug that you can't see, but can only hear.

You opened your eyes and lifted your head to look at her with red eyes and a puffy face. "Yes," you mumbled.

She gazed at you sympathetically. "Aw, my dongsaeng. Wanna tell Unnie what happened?" She inquired.

You nodded. "I had a bad day. There was a- a rude customer, and then Mr. Cho yelled at me, and I had an attack today, too. It all went to crap."

Minji's eyes widened a barely noticeable amount. She was quick to carefully crawl onto the bed, lie down next to you, and then pull you into her embrace. She stroked your hair soothingly.

"I'm sorry that all of that happened today, Y/N, I am," she muttered.

Just then, four more girls entered the room. Hyein, your younger sister, and your three older sisters, Haerin, Danielle, and Hanni. They all joined you on the bed. Danielle and Hanni sat on the foot of your bed, while Haerin and Hyein joined you and Minji in the hug.

The three of them cuddled close to you, a Hyein reached over to pepper kisses all over your face. You swear, she might be younger, but sometimes it feels like the other way around. Haerin rested her head on your shoulder. Hanni was patting your leg, and Danielle was humming a song.

As Danielle went on with the melody, you felt your eyes get heavier. The bed dipped as Hanni crawled over to you and kissed your forehead.

"Sleep tight, Y/N. We'll be here when you wake up," you heard Haerin whisper.

With that, you fell asleep with a smile on your face.

***

A/N: I'm so so so sorry about the lack of updates for this book... TT I honestly have been neglecting this book bc I've been so focused on the main gg one and writing other books. Again, I'm really sorry! Although exams are coming up, I'm really gonna try and update this book as much as I can! Another update is coming in a day or two!