minji › flinch

TRIGGER WARNING:
[ mentions of rape & anti-abortion outlooks ]

***

Anger was rushing through your veins as you ran into your house, shutting the front door behind you, only for it to be slammed back open when Minji quickly followed after you. You threw your backpack somewhere to the side, not caring where it landed. You stomped up the stairs, blocking out her shouts for you to stop.

Until you finally did. You came to an abrupt stop near your bedroom door, and turned swiftly on your heel to face Minji, who looked just as furious as, if not more furious than, you.

"What the hell, Y/N?! Why are you even so upset about this?!" She yelled.

You bit your lip as tears brimmed your eyes. You and Minji had never had a fight this serious in your two-year relationship, but you suppose it was bound to happen one day. What it's about, one may ask? Well, Minji came to you after school and dropped a bomb on you: she had told her mother about something personal to you, something that you specifically told her not to tell anyone. And it pissed you off.

"Why am I upset? Why am I upset?! Minji, you told your anti-abortion mother that I had an abortion the year before I met you, and when she asked why, you fucking told her what happened to me! What the fuck about that did you think was okay?!" You fired back.

Minji sighed and stepped closer to you. "Look, babe, I said I was sorry! It just slipped, it happens sometimes!"

You scoffed loudly as tears began to stream down your cheeks. You looked her in the eyes. "Minji. I was taken advantage of and impregnated. I got a fucking abortion because of that. That is something that I told you because I thought that I could trust that secret with you, and then you went and told your mom about it! What the hell?"

She closed her eyes and looked down momentarily, before looking back up at you and stepping closer to you.

She raised her arm. Due to the situation at hand, it sent shivers down your spine. You flinched harshly and backed away with your arms slightly raising.

It went silent for a moment as Minji looked at you in shock.

"Baby..." She called out.

You kept your head down as more tears fell.

"Baby, look up. Baby, please, are you okay?"

When you gave no response, she stepped forward slowly. After what felt like an eternity, you felt arms wrap around your shoulders and pull you close. Her hand guided your head to rest against her chest as you cried. Sobs racked your body violently as you shook in her arms.

"Y/N... You know I would never hurt you, right?" She whispered in your ear, stroking your arm. You nodded. She rocked the both of you back and forth in an attempt to soothe you.

Your cries quieted over time. You sniffled against her chest as her hand gently stroked your hair. She pressed kiss after kiss against your forehead while whispering sweet words in your ear.

"Are you okay?" She asked, breaking the silence.

"Yeah- Yeah, I-I'm okay now. I'm so sorry for yelling at you. But do you understand why I got upset?" You asked her.

She nodded solemnly, a somber look in her watery eyes. She looked down at you and her bottom lip trembled. "I d-do. And I'm so sorry! It just slipped, I promise. One thing led to another and- You know my mom. She knows how to get you to talk. And I was so stupid to not see why you were angry about it. I'm sorry, I really am. It won't happen again. I was an idiot."

"No," You sighed. You moved so that you were sitting on your knees in front of her. You cupped her face and looked at her with a tired smile. "You're not an idiot, silly. What you did wasn't okay, but I forgive you. All I wanted was for you to apologize and understand why I was mad."

She leaned forward and connected your foreheads. You both smiled. She leaned in even further and pressed her lips against yours. You sighed happily into the kiss and wrapped your arms around her neck.

"I love you. I really do."