hanni › nightmare

This is the HANNI version of an already existing imagine from another book.

***

It was early in the a.m. hours, specifically nearing four in the morning, when Hanni woke up. She had been staying the night at your place for the past few days because she was worried about you, due to the fact that you weren't sleeping and would become restless. She found out that it's because you have nightmares, and she also found that you were able to get at least a little bit more sleep when she slept with you.

Not feeling tired anymore, or at least not tired enough to fall back asleep, she sat up in bed. She smiled as she looked down to see you peacefully sleeping next to her, curled up into her side.

Well, it was peaceful.

Worry started to consume her more and more with every passing second, as she watched your face contort into one of panic and fear, all while your eyes remained closed. She knew you must be having a nightmare.

Hanni sighed sadly as she stroked your hair in a soothing manner, peppering light kisses around your face to wake you up.

"Babe, wake up." She called out softly.

You only mumbled out a string of incoherent words, voice small as you tossed and turned fretfully. Your brows were furrowed and you were frowning, and a few beads of sweat rolled down your warm skin as you tightened your grip on the blanket, which was balled up in one of your fists. There were a few tears falling from your closed eyes.

"Stop..." You mumbled quietly.

Hanni sighed once more, before sitting up and pulling you up with her, while you continued to cry and talk in your sleep.

"Baby," She started, tapping your cheek gently. "Wake up, my love." She spoke, shaking your body. Her voice was filled with concern as she looked down at you.

Eventually, after a few more taps to the cheek, your eyes flew open and you sat up completely. You looked around the room quickly, breathing heavily as you did so, before your eyes landed on Hanni, who looked beyond worried. You looked over at her with big, watery eyes and a frown.

"Oh, my sweet girl." She cooed, opening her arms. You immediately dove forward and found yourself melting in her warm embrace. She kissed the crown of your head. "Is everything okay, babe? You know you can talk to me if you're up to it. You can lean on my shoulder anytime, I'm always ready to listen." She stated. You nodded. "So lean on me, then. Tell me what's troubling you. Maybe I can make it better." She leaned down and kissed your forehead, before meeting your eyes and giving you a look that told you she's all ears.

"I don't know," You admitted. "As soon as I wake up, I can never remember what it was about. Maybe it's because of what happened. You know, Danielle bringing up the accident? I- I really thought that I was over his- his death, but I guess not." You explained, trailing off solemnly.

Hanni hummed sympathetically, rubbing your back. "I'm so sorry that this is happening, my love, and I'm sorry for what happened that day. I know it must've been so hard, it must be hard, but you're strong. So strong." She said quietly.

You smiled sadly and lifted your head to kiss her, savoring the feeling, before pulling away and relaxing in her arms.

"Will you sing to me?" You asked.

Hanni smiled and said, "Do you even have to ask?"