minji › stood up

A frown crossed your lips as you looked down at your watch, and then back up at the empty seat in front of you. The café was quiet, while your thoughts were loud.

You hadn't originally wanted to leave your house at all that day, but your younger sister, Hyein, loved to play matchmaker when it came to your love life. So she set you up with the older sister of one of her friends from school and forced you to go on this date ("Go or else I'll burn all of your TWICE posters!" She claimed).

So here you are, sitting at this table all alone, after being stood up. Honestly, it did hurt. Not too much, but you had a little bit of hope in your heart that maybe it was time to start dating-I mean, you haven't been in a relationship in two years, which was way back when you dated a fellow sophomore at your high school. But that hope plummeted when you were stood up. All of this was pointless.

And the tips of your ears burned bright red in embarrassment when an employee approached you for the third time, a sympathetic smile on her face.

"Hi, again. Are you ready to order yet?" She asked kindly.

"I'm still waiting...for someone." You mumbled. Maybe if you waited a few more moments, she would turn up.

The waitress pursed her lips. "Not even just a drink?"

You bit your lip and cast your gaze onto the table. You suppose you could have a cup of Y/F/D-you might as well.

[A/N: Y/F/D = Your favorite drink]

You looked back up. "Okay," You smiled gently. "I'll have a(n) Y/F/D, please."

"Your order will be ready shortly."

"Thank you so much." You bowed your head, and she returned the gesture, before hurrying off to prepare your order.

You sat in a static silence as you simply stared down at your hands. That is, until you felt another presence occupy the seat in front of you. Your head snapped up. Did she finally arrive?

But when you looked up, you were met with a familiar face. Not in the sense that you knew her, but in the sense that she had caught your eye during the entire time you've been in the café. She and a group of her friends were sitting at a table not too far from yours, and you occasionally threw glances their way. You were startled by her sudden appearance.

She offered you a friendly smile. "Hi. My name is Minji. Kim Minji." She said, eyes shining. They were captivating to you.

"Y/N L/N." You responded.

"You know," She started, glancing down at your hands, which were resting on the table. "Whoever stood you up is an asshole." She said bluntly.

You bit your lip and nodded your head solemnly. However, you were taken by surprise when she asked this question.

"I know we don't know each other, like, whatsoever, but... would you like to go on a date with me instead?" She asked.

You looked at her with wide eyes, and slowly, a bright red blush crept up your neck, reaching your cheeks. She chuckled when she noticed.

You quickly nodded, clearing your throat. "I- I would love to. Thank you."

"No problem, beautiful."