hanni › she walks in in you crying

A/N: I plan on updating sometime with a bunch of NewJeans family imagines !!

***

You were having a hard time focusing as you looked into the mirror, staring hard at the person looking back at you.

No matter how hard you tried and tried to perfect the move, you just couldn't seem to get it. It was beginning to make you frustrated. So much so that you eventually collapsed to the floor, not even caring about the pain of your knees colliding with the firm surface.

You felt as if everything was going completely wrong. Hanni was supposed to show up at the studio and help you master this move, after you texted her in the middle of the day, but she had to cancel at the last minute due to an unexpected problem with the preparations for their upcoming comeback.

With your hands pressed flat against your head, which was hanging as you stared down at the floor beneath you, tears began to fall. One by one, each one hit the floor meaninglessly.

You don't have time to be sitting here crying, you should be perfecting this move, with or without Hanni's help.

Once you came to this revelation, you stood up and wiped your tears with the sleeve of your hoodie. You got into position, and then let the music carry you away.

When the move you were having difficulty with approached, however, and you messed it up for what felt like the millionth time, you screamed out in exasperation, and the waterworks started all over again.

Loud sobs spilled past your lips as you sunk to the floor, hugging your knees close to your chest.

You didn't even register the fact that the door opened, nor did you hear the urgent footsteps that followed.

"Oh, no, baby, what happened? Is everything alright?"

You looked up when you heard the angelic voice of your girlfriend reach your ears. Almost immediately, you began to relax, even more so when she dropped down next to you and pulled you into her arms. She tenderly rubbed your back and pressed kisses to your forehead until you stopped crying.

Once the crying was reduced to small sniffles, she hooked a finger under your jaw and tilted your head up to look her in the eyes. "What's wrong, my love? Is there anything I can do to make it better?" She asked.

You nearly burst into tears again because of how sweet she was. But instead, you simply nuzzled her neck and spoke quietly. "I... Nothing major really happened, I just- I couldn't get a move right, and I got upset. I guess I overreacted."

Hanni shook her head, gently stroking the back of your head. "Nonsense. I don't think you overreacted. You just got overwhelmed, and it caused you to cry, understandably. It's okay. Not everything can go our way, and sometimes, things make us feel strong emotions, emotions that we just have to let out."

She offered you a reassuring smile as you pulled your head away. You returned the gesture with a soft gaze.

"I'll keep that in mind." You whispered. "Now, will you help me with this move?" You asked.

Hanni laughed. "Of course, baby."