Who Is He?

What a pleasant day, but to my surprise the day was ruined by my secretary Mia telling me that my dad Vincent De Vil has signed the deal with Ann Marie, my father's friend. The DeVils are famous in the business field. Every businessman or woman wishes to be part of us, because they know how much profit they can earn by shaking hands with us.

I am Richard De Vil, the elder son of Vincent De Vil and Laika De Vil. I am the CEO of Devil Enterprise. When I was in Paris regarding my studies as well as our business there, my father was the one who led the main company in London and he was the one who took the decisions too. But now I am back to London and the position of CEO is now given to me, the power now lies within me.

Ann Marie has been my father's friend for a long time. She is also a famous businesswoman here but I was never interested in being part of them. Their business tactics are dirty and I hate dirty games, whatever comes my nature is to face it straight up without lowering my head down for anything. But now my father, due to the friendship they both hold, has signed the documents agreeing to the deal with them, that also without my consent. She confronted me first but as I denied, she used my dad. Even though I am the CEO, my father can still take decisions regarding our business and contacts.

"Dad, why did you sign that deal without my permission?" I barged into the hall asking this question to my dad.

"Oh Richard, you're here?" Vincent spoke knowing what Richard was talking about.

"Dad, didn't I tell you I will not agree to this deal? Then why did you sign it?"

"Well son, I also have the right to take decisions regarding these matters. Do not forget that I am your father!" My dad spoke as if trying to remind me of his rights which I intentionally wanted to avoid.

"Listen this carefully 'father'. I don't care who you are and what you can, it will be better if you do not interrupt me." I spoke thoroughly as a warning.

"RICHARD! Watch your words! That is your dad." While I was talking with my dad my mom shouted from behind. Yes, she hates it when I disagree with my dad, but all that I do is disagree with him always. I hate my dad and I will never listen to him.

"Mom or dad I don't care but don't dare to come to control me. I decide things, not you." Those were my last words to them and then I marched out of the room in vexation.

"It was our fault, Laika. No, it was only my fault that I grew my son just as cruel as I was." Richard's dad spoke to his wife Laika in guilt.

"Will I ever get back my son, Vincent? It has been twenty years since I have seen my son smile or laugh the way he used to do before... before that incident." Laika wept.

"Laika, I'm s-s-orr-y." Vincent talked with a trembling voice of regret.

"I miss him." Laika completed her words as the tears streamed down her face.

***

Me, Ricahrd De Vil has everything, everything a man dreams of. But years ago my interest and love for this life went dark when I witnessed something that a seven year old was not meant to be involved in. I have now grown into a young, handsome and strong man with a lot of wealth and power. And my name is well known. All know me as a successful businessman, but the dark secrets I hold are hidden to this world.

Currently I am troubled by my dad who agreed for a new project without my knowledge. Now because of that I have to go to the India and can't even deny the project now. But before going, I have to meet someone, Max Bandello, my friend. He has some information to pass to me so I'm on my way to meet him.

*On the other side*

A pretty,educated,strong and understanding girl, she has promised her dad she will protect herself and her family now she is one of the top business women in the world. Also powerful enough. Yes, that's me Kritika Sharma and currently I am at my office completing some work. Well I love talking about my achievements. Everyone told me I can't do anything, but I proved them all wrong. But being a powerful successful woman is also a tiring job because I never get time for myself. I was thinking about the works I've completed and the rest of the works that are pending when my secretary, Tony came running to my office.

"Ma'am!" He shouted, alarming me of some trouble.

"What's it now?" I asked coldly.

"Ma'am, the land that we fixed for our new project has been given to someone else by Isaac, the owner of it." He spoke in one breath.

"What? What are you talking about? Didn't we give the advance of it? I was the one who signed the documents. Now what the heck is going on?" I almost yelled annoyingly.

"I don't know anything, ma'am. I called the owner and he didn't pick up the call. One of our men spotted him and said that the person who is going to buy it and the owner are currently at that place now."

"Bring my car, let me teach them a lesson for cheating, I hate betrayals." Saying this I went out of my office followed by Tony in exasperation.

Yes, I'm a business woman who stands on my own feet. I don't need anyone's help, I have myself. I'm not into love because I don't believe in it and I have no time for foolish stuffs. I have never been in any relationship, yet I'm afraid of getting hurt. Everyone calls me cold, rude, stone hearted etc. Yes, I am a cold person outside but my sweet side is not meant for everyone just only for a few people, my loved ones. So when others call me such titles it feels like a compliment.

We're in the car going straight to that place. Two weeks ago I agreed to buy that plot from Isaac for my new project, the advance money was already given but now suddenly he changed his table and I need the reason. All think that Kritika is easy to convince and all those who misunderstood me, I'll show them who really this Kritika is.

"Who dares to disobey me huh? How could he go against me and sign the deal with another person when it is already confirmed for me?" I snarled.   Tony was sitting beside me but I knew I won't get a pleasing answer from him.

"Ma'am please calm down, maybe it will be a misunderstanding." He tried cooling my temper that was raising by each passing minute. I hate it when someone disrespects me or my decisions.

"Whatever, let me show them that they misunderstood the wrong person. They don't know the real side of mine." Saying this I sat on my seat silent until we reached the destination.

We reached there and I could see many black cars aligned and there I saw a person I have never met before standing back facing me and talking to the owner of the land, Isaac. I got out of my car and walked towards them ferociously. As soon as the owner of the property, Isaac saw me he got worried and scared because he knew what all things I was capable of doing and how dangerous I could get.

"Madam you here? Actually I-I was going to tell you but everything was so fast. I could not inform you, I am extremely sorry." He tried convincing me.

"Shut up!" I yelled and my two words were enough to stop the owner from further blabbering.

The person who was going to buy the property was still back facing me and as I said shut up to Isaac, he turned around to meet me. Just by standing near him I could feel something off about him, he looked at me, our eyes met. His dark scary eyes were staring at mine, they showed no emotions, it was blank; well of course I gave my cold stare back.

He was so handsome, his dark aura making me weak. He was not an ordinary person, there was something special about him, some kind of negative feelings I was getting from him. I was sure there are many things wrong about him, some dark, creepy secrets regarding him, which were hiding behind his tall muscular perfect self. I could feel these all at once. And my heart told me something strange "this is destiny."

He was wearing an all black suit paired with some chains, his veiny hands were in his pockets, the shirt sleeves rolled up making me able to see the tattoos on his arm. Some of his silky black hair was falling on his face, making him look more attractive. His thick eyebrows were having perfect shape and his charming eyes were pitch black and resembled to black hole. Yes, anyone could get drowned in them, those eyes were attracting me too, it was making me fall in them and get lost. my secretary cleared his throat which helped me come back to my senses and that's when I realised I was staring in his eyes for some minutes. I diverted my sight to the other side as my cheeks heated up with a bit of shyness. I saw many other people standing around him whom I assumed to be his bodyguards, they were also scary looking but I did not care. Whoever he is, better not mess with me.