His Past

I was keeping on kissing her as well as giving hickeys. I felt her tight grip on my hands loosening. She knew there was no use of defending because I was three times stronger than her and my one hand was enough to hold her still, so fighting for herself was useless. I smirked thinking how weak she is as I kept on continuing what I was doing but was stopped by hearing slight sobs. I heard Kritika sobbing and that made me pull myself back and look at her. She was sobbing harder as those tears streamed down her cheeks. She was weak, she gave up and she was ready for anything because she knew this was it, no more plans she had nor any hopes of getting out this time. She kept her head low, she didn't wanted to look at mr but I'm sure she could feel my dark gaze on her. She seemed pathetic, her face showed hurt. I realized what I have did. In order to make this butterfly mine, I almost teared apart her wings. I felt so sorry for her. I then suddenly pulled her in my embrace making her gasp. I started rubbing her back slowly trying to hush her down. I felt bad for her, all that I ever wanted to do was love her and take care of her but the sight of her crying because of me made me regret and feel bad for someone for the first time in my life.  All that I ever did was killing and haunting people but never even once I regretted doing that all but now the girl in my arms were making me feel things I never felt.

"Kritika, Baby, listen. I-I am really s-sorry." I apologized and somehow that made Kriti stop crying.

"Why? W-why ar-e you say-ing so-rry to me? You never ap-olog-ises to anyone r-ight?" Her voice was breaking as she was trying to catch her breath trying to talk to me.

"Darling, you are my everything. This Richard De Vil, the demon as everyone mention me is now at his knees for a girl. My love, for you I'll do anything, I'll even give my life for you." I explained.

Kriti pulled back from me and looked in my eyes as she spoke.

"Who are you Richard? And why are you like this? Please tell me." There was determination in her voice.

"Baby, why you want to know that all?" I didn't wanted to talk about it.

"I want to know you. I know that you have a soft spot, but why are you acting cold and cruel to everyone? Amd why are you hurting me? Why do you want me?" She kept on questioning.

"You're right. I wasn't like this but experiences changes a person. Twenty years ago my life was changed upside down without even me knowing." I stopped and dounted if I should continue.

"Richard, you're cruel but at the same time trying to be nice to me. I can not at all understand you. Please answer my questions." She requested and releasing a deep sigh I continued.

"I was seven years old that time. My father, Vincent De Vil was rulling the mafia as well as our business. He was famous, he had everything. People were jealous of him and his family. I was a topper in my school, always perfect. I got everything I wanted, I never heard a no. I was happy always, I used to smile and laugh by my heart. Not even accidentally I loved hurting anyone. I was a small little boy with hopes but... " I took a moment reminiscing about the past.

Kriti's eyes were fixed on me. Ses luke she coulf understood from my expression that I am sad. I never actuall wanted to recall those things. Then again I continued.

"One day when I came back home from school as usual my mother wasn't there in the hall waiting for me. I called her loud but I got no answer, none of the servents were present there. My personal bodyguard told me to stay there and he was searching the house but even after some time there was no sign of the guard nor my family. I got worried and I walked upto the kitchen but what I saw was my mother. My mo-th-er, sh-e was laying down while blo-od was covering the floor. I-I didn't knew what to do. I ran to her but her eyes were closes and she wasn't responding to me. The next thought in my mind was about my sister, my Rose, she was smaller than me. I ran to her room screaming out loud everyone's name but she wasn't there nor I got an answer to my call. Then I went to my dad's office and I saw a man standing there while pointing a gun at my dad who was tied upto a chair and blood was coming dripping out from his head as if he was hit by some hard object. My dad's guards were laying down dead. Everything filled in blood. My Rose, she was in the corner of the room sitting there shivering and her hands over her mouth and those teary eyes looking at me with fear and hope, I can never forget that sight of her. That man, he was telling my dad that this is the end, that he will take everything from my dad and will take his life too. He didn't notice me standing back, I ran towards him and fell down on his legs, pleading and begging to let go of my dad. But that man pulled me by my collar and pushed me to the side where I hit my head on a table and fell down. My eyes were getting blurry and blood was flowing down from my head. I only had one thought and that was I'll save my family even if I have to kill anyone. I heard that man's evil laugh and my dad screaming 'don't hurt my son, James!"

"I was losing my consciousness and my eyes were getting blurred with red blood. I wanted to save my father, I wanted to save my sister, I wanted to save my mother, but how? I didn't knew. But as for my luck I saw a gun laying beside me, beside the dead body of one of my father's guard. I took the gun and struggling I stood up. But John was pointing his gun now at Rose. I had no time to think but his trigger was already pulled so was mine?

Kritika gasped and she looked worried and confused. These all things happened with me and I was sure she would've found it all surprising and fearful to imagine but it was real things that happened with me. Then I spoke further more.

"Rose got shot on her shoulder and was bleeding and I shot John which hit on his head on point, he fell down dead and I stood there my hands shaking. The gun fell down from my hands and the sight infront of me was maddening. And with that shock I blacked out. When I got my sense back I was at the hospital and my bodyguard was near me. The first thing I asked was about my family. And thank God they all were safe. My bodyguard took my mom to hospital on time and he found me and others too on time and that's how we were saved. I'm still thankful to him."

"Kriti, when your parents are dying infront of you, what'll u do? Save them right? That's what I did too but it resulted in me being a murderer. After that incident I was never myself. I used to get nightmares, I felt so guilty, I felt like a monster. I even started hating my dad. Because of him and his mafia world that all happened to us."

"Because of my dad's influence, the police case was dismissed and I was safe. But later my dad started training me how to use guns and such weapons. I never liked it. My mom also tried stopping him from bringing me into mafia field but he didn't listen to anyone. He wanted to make me the next mafia king. He trained me so hard and many times I got hurt too. I was mentally abused by him. He used to degrade me saying I'm useless and could never do anything right which filled anger in me and a determination to prove everyone wrong. I started workig hard, I took over the mafia and I became the topper in my studies too. I even took care of the business very well that I'm on the top now. But my hate for my dad stayed the same, still I'll blame him for making me a heartless person."

"My mom eventually changed my dad, he realized his mistakes and he became a soft person for my mom. He stayed away from mafia. But could not get me out of it. He tried but I denied. He was the reason for everything. I-I never wanted to be a killer but-but now I-I I've killed many people. But for you, for the first time I wanted to change, but I can't Kriti. This is my fate. I hope you understand me. Kritika, I love you and I mean it. I never wanted to hurt you all that I wanted was you by my side forever. Please my love, don't leave me." I begged.

***

My eyes were filled with tears as he finished his story, not story it was his past, his life and the reason why he became a beast. Who knew he went through these all? Well I, myself thought that even after this much of things, him changing into a devil can't be complained. Richard's eyes were also wet, I never knew those bloodless eyes could ever shed tears. I hugged him, I was patting on his back, I knew that was what I should do at that moment. Richard was shocked and happy, he hugged me back even more tighter and rested himself on me with the warmth and comfort which he wanted so badly.