His End?

"Lucas I am leaving everything here in belief of you." I admitted.

"Richard sir. I call you sir for a reason that I will serve you till my last breath. I will not let your belief shake. Do not worry about anything." Lucas told me and his words were firm and sure.

"Lucas, I am worried about you too. Take care of yourself along with others." I requested. 

"Yes sir." He answered.

I was ready to leave for a short journey accompanied by none else in order to assure the safety of my family. Rose, my sister called me unusually one day explaining how things were turning ugly there. She felt something wrong with our father's behaviour and also noticed a very anxious mother. She also mentioned that some people were trying to barge into our house and was having a geated conversation wirh dad. Those people carried weapons with them as well. Upon asking dad she got to know about nothing but he asked her not to tell me about the situation there. She eavesdropped on dad and his secretary's conversation where she understood that some of the share holders teamed up with our opposition party plotting on bringing our business down so that they can take over in my absence. The situation was getting serious and could only be handled by me as my dad stopped using illegal ways long ago. In this cruel world not all were possible to be handled the right way which was the reason why even after wanting, I still couldn't switch to the right path and continued doing the dirty business. I had to go back to India but I was too worried to leave my beloved wife behind while such terrible chaos was ready to take place here as well. I only had a few people whom I loved and cared for and in that list at the top were Kritika, Lucas and Rose also my parents. I did loathe my parents but after all I am a son who only longed for my parents to understand and accept me for who I was but I was unlucky in that case. I believe that my parents are the reason why I turned into such a merciless beast who could not feel any emotions. After the arrival of Kritika in my life, I started acknowledging my feelings and accepted that I had a heart that was broken but now getting healed by a woman I intended to kill. Love is unpredictable and unbelievable which can change a human and the changes coming to me was sowing the seeds of humanity, forgiveness and mercy in me which helped me slowly accept and try forgiving my parents  who were truly guilty and regretting hurting their own son.

***

"Perfect!" Mia cried in joy looking at the deliciously cooked meal beside which few servants stood trembling and looking remorseful. "Ma'am, what should we do next?" One of the maids asked Mia aversely for the next order that would keep them alive by obeying.

"Nothing particular. Serve this food to Lucas as usual and make sure he finishes his last meal feeling completely satisfied." Mia spoke viciously. 

"Yes ma'am." The servants bowed and Mia went out of the kitchen smiling sheepishly where halfway through she almost bumped into Richard and Lucas. 

"Wh-at- what are you doi-ng here, sir?" Mia stuttered as she spoke feeling thunderstruck seeing Richard. 

"What do you mean by what I'm doing here? Obviously to have breakfast." Richard spoke agonisingly and  walked past her as she stood like she was petrified. Mia was ready to rush towards the kitchen to inform the workers that her speculation of Richard leaving for his plan before breakfast failed and that the poisonous food must not be served to Richard when Lucas suddenly called her from behind.

"Mia!" Lucas's voice sounded raucous because of pronouncing the name he hated to utter.

"Ye-yes?" Mia answered slightly addled with an unpleasant fake smile.

"Where are you going? Come join us." He enjoined her as she looked dumbfounded and restless because of not being able to refuse. Richard did not bother to engage in that conversation knowing Lucas will only do what he feels right and for a reason. Without saying much she followed them both to the dining hall and later settled herself on the chair beside Richard. 

"Mia, since when did I give you permission to sit beside me, your boss?" Richard queried her and she looked offended and stood up while Lucas passed a gratifying smirk to Richard. Soon the dishes were served one by one and as time went by Mia felt muddled and stressed as she watched both Richard and Lucas enjoying the food and after finishing they both left the mansion splitting their ways and going on the opposite paths while Mia could do nothing.

"Aarrghh shit! No! How could Richard eat that poisonous food I only aimed for his loyal dog, Lucas? I only wanted to kill Lucas." Mia yelled at the servants who aligned beside her, to let out all her anger on them.

"Ma'a-m." One of the servants called faintly feeling scared of her.

"What?" Mia shrieked. 

"Ma'am, sir-sir Richard did not eat the pois-onous food." The servant clarified.

"Huh? What do you mean?"Suddenly Mia's tense mood started elevating to glee.

"We-we did not serve the poisoned food to sir, Richard because we expected you-you only wanted to hurt sir, Lucas." The servant made it clear while Mia started chuckling darkly.

"Very well, very well done. I may all treat you well for doing your job perfectly without faults." Mia expressed pleasantly.

"Ma'am, please leave us, we do not wish to be part of these things anymore." Those workers pleaded and Mia shouted telling them all to leave and never let a word slip from their mouth regarding this if they wish to live.

***

"Why do I feel distressed after leaving the mansion? I wonder what is going on with me." Lucas spoke as he continued driving trying to focus on the road instead of his unease feeling. Lucas's body started sweating extremely and he turned on the air cooler expecting it to be related to the hot weather but he was wrong. Soon later he started feeling pain in his heart and body ached as well as his head was cracking with pain. Lucas understood that these were no good signs and may lead to any huge issues if he didn't act on time so he turned his car to go to the hospital but the slow poison provided to him by Mia had already started affecting every part of his body making him weak and sick by each passing time. Shortly he started coughing as well and coughed blood onto the steering wheel which made his eyes widen in shock. He felt scratching pain on his throat and burning sensation on his heart. He felt like his body was getting cut internally and bleeding uncontrollably. He could not do anything but to keep driving in hopes of reaching the hospital soon to save himself. He tried fetching his phone to call someone for help but failed miserably as he knocked his phone down under the seat accidentally due to his blurring vision and dizziness. He could not take the phone back cause he kept on losing his balance so he clutched onto the steering wheel tightly forcing himself to drive carefully. His body was slowly surrendering to death and Lucas knew at once that it had something to do with Mia because he did not fail to notice her suspicious attitude while he ate his food. Yes, there was poison in his food, he realised but it was too late. He got scared and worried for Richard as he too consumed the same food as Lucas. Lucas was so puzzled and tired so he tried keeping his body and mind calm  but he failed to notice the speeding vehicle in front of him that was rushing towards him like a grim reaper. Lucas lost his agility and balance and unknowingly turned the steering wheel to miss the deadly vehicle but ended up hitting a giant tree with an uncontrollable, dangerous amount of speed that instantly made him hit his head on the steering wheel and start getting unconscious in helplessness. The last thoughts in his mind were about his boss whom he hoped to be safe and then about the woman he loved the most with whom he planned a very bright future but were all his wishes and dreams crumbling down and getting destroyed at the moment where his breath was getting shallow, his eyes were closing slowly and his mind stopped thinking?