Kindness?

"What a pleasant day? I wish I was along with my dear friends enjoying all our favourite food as we chatted about random things." Nick spoke to himself with a slight smile as he reminisced about the past. He was driving up to meet Shakti Raj to have a conversation regarding Kritika and Richard's current relationship. On the way something usual caught Nick's attention and that was a car which got into a terrible accident. 

That car had hit a tree and had severely damaged its front portion which could be a great concern for the passengers inside. Without thinking much Nick pulled over to check up on the accident scene. Grayish smoke was filling up the air from the car's bonnet. Front glass of the window has shattered into minute sharp pieces. It was really hard to predict if the people inside the car will be still alive or not and due to that road being a less crowded place, none else have found the accident and have tried to help. Nick understood that only one person, the driver was inside the car and tried opening the door but it was locked so he had to break the window glass of the door completely and carefully with his elbow in order to save the driver. Nick successfully breaks through it and finds a person miserably bleeding and severely hurt lying unconscious on the steering wheel facing downwards. He turns the person around to check his pulse but to his surprise the unknown stranger who earned Nick's sympathy was Lucas Delaney, Nick's enemy whom he wished could die soon the moment they met for the first time. Nick hated Lucas a lot after the first meet they had where they both were stopped from a savage argument by Kritika. Nick layed a senseless Lucas back onto the seat to take some time for himself to think. Nick knew not what to do right at that moment as the person in front of him was his opponent who couldn't have hesitated to end up hurting Nick if they would have met before the accident when Lucas was awake and fine. Nick's thoughts were interrupted by the ringing sound of a phone that came from inside the car which Nick assumed to be Lucas's. Thinking no more Nick pulled Lucas out of the half crashed car and dragged him to Nick's own car. He laid down the passed out body on his back seat and leaned towards Lucas and spoke as he checked for his pulse.

"You must die in my own hands instead of giving up on such silly accidents. I am letting you live so that I can be the one to fetch your life later." 

Nick realised that his pulse was getting slower and saw blood dripping from Lucas's mouth. His head too was injured badly and blood was covering his face. Lucas's whole body was severely harmed and Nick doubted if he would make it out alive and yet losing no more time he started the car and drove off fastly to the nearby hospital in an emergency. Nick was concerned for Lucas but only because he did not want Lucas to die that easily and smoothly. Nick wanted to grant Lucas a brutal, painful and ferocious death all by his own hands. Nick convinced himself that he is only saving Lucas now to kill him later and not doing it out of pity or kindness. 

"Hang in there a bit more, will you?" Nick shouted at Lucas who still laid wretchedly unconscious.

Nick drove as fast as he can with the only intentions of saving the dying soul in the backseat who is someone Nick genuinely loathed but yet he did not think of anything like that as all he wished for at that moment was to bring Lucas back to life and to see him use his mouth to spit curses at Nick as he always does whenever they meet but unfortunately what he spitted this time was dark red blood. Lucas's body had already got painfully painted in red and that colour of blood was not appealing to be seen all over Lucas who was slowly giving up the hopes of living.

A situation so messed up was created just as soon as Nick's car stopped and he rushed and called for help in the hospital. In no time Lucas was shifted to a bed and was getting dragged to causality. Nick followed the unconscious body of Lucas which showed no movement except very slow breathing which threatened to stop at any moment. Nick too by now got covered in blood of Lucas and was now sitting in front of the hospital room inside which Lucas was getting treated. Nick sat rocking in the chair feeling anxious to know the news from the doctors which could decide Lucas's destiny. Will he make it or not? Nick kept wondering when a nurse broke the silence and informed him that Lucas wasn't hurt only from the accident but he had been poisoned and the seriousness of his condition had now worsened due to it. It was hard to predict if Nick will ever be able to fulfil his dream of killing Lucas by his own hands because Lucas may outsmart him in this condition and accept the death way more sooner than expected. 

***

"Kritika?" A voice showing concern called me.

"Yes, Nick? What's the matter that you're calling me now? Is everything ok?" I asked Nick worriedly as I already started creating all possible worst scenarios in my head which could answer up the reason for Nick's unexpected, nervous call but my expectations were broken the moment Nick explained the real reason behind his agonising phone call. 

"Don't forget to inform them, who deserves to know this news earlier than any of us." Nick added up just after finishing his story knowing very well I must've understood whom he referred to and yes, he was right assuming that. Feeling too stunned to speak, I still held onto my phone for a while even after the call was ended. Soon I dialed the number which was saved as 'Husband' In my contacts.

***

"What happened, Fairy?" That person answered the call quickly speaking with a visible fear and tension in his husky voice. He knew something serious must have come up for his wife to call him unusually. 

"Lu-cas Lucas-" I doubted what to say. How could I explain everything to Richard? Why was my voice stuck in my throat? 

"Where is he now?" Asking for no explanations, Richard requested Lucas's  location in a serious tone to me. While still stuttering, I answered and he straight up cutted the call. Next there was one more person who must know everything regarding Lucas but at the same time I felt distressed thinking how I will be able to tell Kaira that her lover was dying at the moment? How will she accept it? How can she witness it? I really can't believe this to be the sad ending to Lucas and Kaira's deeply craved love.