Bring Him Here!

I walked for pretty long with a little clue in my mind. My watch was waterproof so it was still working and it had a compass which helped me know the direction I was walking. I always keep track of the way I move. From the beginning of our journey I held an idea of the place in my mind foreseeing a situation like this. Kritika is safe in my hands still unconscious, the mother and daughter behind me looked exhausted and were struggling hard to keep up with me. I wanted to move faster to save my Kriti but if she knew I left these two behind for her sake, she will never forgive me. She even got stuck in this situation just because of these two people but still I decided to be considerate.

After some more time of walking we reached the main road out of the forest area. Both the sides of the road looked deserted and now I need to find our car. I checked the directions and started walking again when I heard someone collapse behind me, I turned back to see the little girl kneeling down half senseless and her mother trying hard to help her. They both were equally helpless and tired. I couldn't turn blind eye to them. I went and helped the little girl stand, held her close to me and helped her walk, her mother followed while crying. After some minutes I saw our cars on the road just as how they were left there. I laid my woman down telling her sister in law to take care of her and went near the car. I had to leave Kritika's car behind and take mine. But the keys were unfortunately not with me. I remember well that I kept it on the bridge before jumping, my phone and gun were there too. I decided to rip off the sunroof of my Audi r8 to get inside it and then with all my strength, careless of the financial damage because that was not a big deal for me, I ripped it off. I jumped inside and unlocked the car. I carried Kritika again and laid her down on the seat. I had to help the little girl and her mother too. To start the engine with no key I opened the bonnet and started working. Being a mafia these situations were constantly faced by me making it easier for me to handle. And with some skills I could start the car and get away from that place as soon as possible. I had to reach a hospital soon to treat Kritika before I completely lost her.

***

"What did you just say?" Rakesh Verma asked in his hoarse voice as Kaira trembled. She stayed silent as she regretted admitting her true feelings for Lucas. Till now Rakesh Verma was only angry with Lucas for being Richard's man but now he also became the one to steal Kaira's heart which was unacceptable and to retrieve it, killing Lucas was the only way but either way his death was already planned by Verma and his men.

"Say it again, Kaira!" Rakesh Verma shouted as the whole hallway fell silent and she got startled. She did not dare to utter a word. The surmounted silence was annoying Verma.

"I see, Kaira. You won't speak, eh? Fine, I'll take this matter in my own hands." Saying this Rakesh Verma moved ahead regardless of Kaira standing blocking the door to Lucas's room. Nick was trying to stop Verma but his temper was uncontrollably high knowing Kaira is in love with the guy who intended to kill him. At that moment all that Rakesh Verma had in mind was to finish off the problem as soon as possible and that was only possible by finishing off Lucas. 

Kaira was in shock, how could she let Lucas die? But how could she stop Verma? She cried and begged and that was all she could do but it took no effort for Verma to hold Kaira by her hands and swing her and push her away. He did not care if he hurt her. She was pushed hard away from the door and Nick caught her before she landed on the ground. She still insisted on giving up and followed Rakesh Verma while Nick tried stopping her uselessly. 

Verma took out his gun loading it. He kicked the door harshly making it open with a loud thud on the wall. He stepped inside just to be surprised. Kaira who ran up to him also stopped in shock with her eyes bulging out in surprise. Lucas was not in the room. He was nowhere to be found. His bed laid empty with no signs of a patient being there. Nick was not as bedazzled as them because he knew what had happened. How could Lucas vanish so sudden? That's what both Verma and Kaira were thinking.

"Argh! Where did he go? Did he just evaporate, huh?!" Verma shouted in frustration. But Kaira was silent and smiling mildly. 

"Nick! Check everywhere! I want that bastard here right in front of me! I want him killed no matter what! Bring him!" Verma barked when Kaira spoke after a long pause.

"You can never kill him." Her face contended with the thoughts of Lucas being saved and that annoyed Verma even more that he raised his hands to slap Kaira but was stopped by Nick.

"Uncle! Are you out of your mind?" He shouted. He would never let anyone except him punish his sisters.

"Out of my mind? Who the fu*k is out of mind? Me or her?!" He bellowed looking at Kaira who lowered her gaze daring not to meet anyone's eyes.

"Dad!" Another voice so furious broke the garrulous scene and that was Shruti. She looked as if she used all her left out energy on shouting. She was worn out, her eyes red and tired. Her hair is messy and her clothes too. Yet her brave attitude had not changed.

"Did you know about it too, Shruti?" Verma asked to hear a no from her but instead she nodded bitterly. 

"Everyone was fooling me, huh? How dare you all?!" Verma's raucous voice made the crowd frown in confusion of what family drama was going on. But by now the police had arrived who were informed by the staff in the hospital due to the chaos created. Verma was so invested in Lucas's matter that he forgot to notice Agni which devastated Shruti even more. Vermas people came to him and forced him to leave the place before the situation turned serious. Furiously Verma retrieved and with a warning to Kaira to get ready to celebrate Lucas's death, he paced out alarmingly.

***

A van as ordinary as others moving along the road. Inside lay an unconscious body of a patient who was poisoned and tragically met in a car accident.