Clarity

A week later all the created chaos seemed to settle down. Agni after staying unconscious for 5 days regained his senses the 6th day which brought life to Shruti who sat in front of his room all those days like a corpse. Nick had to force her to eat and drink those days and yet she only had a little food to maintain her body functioning. Verma who visited his daughter the second day had to leave without her because she swore to stay with Agni and then Verma had to argue and seeing that was useless he gave up on his daughter and focused on his plans to end Richard. The moment Shruti met Agni sitting straight in his bed all that she did was run up to him and hug him saying sorry. Agni took her in his arms and gave a long hug he had wanted to give since forever. When he was hit by the car even his last thought before passing out was about her. Both of them shared all the love they had, all the stories they hid and all the memories they kept. Shruti's fear of never being able to confess her feelings to him also faded away in his presence.

Richard got the necessary treatment from their family doctor and gets back to his powerful beastly energy soon but was forced to stay where he was due to the protection Shakti brought around Kritika to keep him and his people away. He also knew Verma was waiting outside with his traps. Adding up the chances of getting his hideout exposed was higher if he stepped out of there. To not risk the life of anyone and till Lucas gets back on track Richard suppressed his urge to meet his wife. He also made sure to check upon his family in London and did not forget to thank his uncle for the help he did. Truth hit Mia harder and she sensed the danger and went missing and Richard's people were still in search of her even though they held no solid evidence and reason.

Kritika opened her eyes after a day to see her brother right beside her waiting for her to be awake. She gave him a slight smile assuring she is fine and Shakti pats her head saying "you scared me, madam." Nayana and Aarya on the other hand too got their energy replenished not entirely but yet were completely alright and were waiting for Kritika to attain her old bold aura.

Lucas's health improved faster than expected and the doctor claimed it happened because of his will to live and mind's strength. Richard was the one who took care of Lucas in the meantime. Richard had his own ways of showing affection and care. Lucas enquired about Kaira all the time and Richard yelled at him saying "care about your own self first!" even though he knew he himself would only care about his woman even the moment when he was dying. This wasn't love but a mad obsession of Richard and Lucas that both Kritika and Kaira blindly accepted. Hence it's true that love is blinding.

Kaira was in care of Nick. She spent all her days in depression after facing a situation where she almost lost her loved ones. Shruti devastated, Agni critically ill, Kritika endangered, Nick in remorse and Lucas unfounded, all were too much for her to handle. She got no news about Lucas but was relieved with the news of Kritika getting back consciousness and Shakti's family being safe. Shakti couldn't reach out to Kaira directly because she shut herself inside her house cutting all the outside connections. Nick comes up to her door and checks upon her constantly and used to share all the news to her by staying outside to receive silence from her. Nick even tried looking for Lucas and Richard not in order to inform Rakesh Verma but to inform his heartbroken sister that her lover is doing fine in the hopes it would bring her back to normal but he found no trace of them.

Nick was the one who suffered the most in that one week. He kept on moving from one place to another in an attempt to keep his only family safe from further dangers. He looked after Shruti, Kritika and Kaira alternatively. He also took a decision not to do anything anymore that could bring his family's life into danger. Nick's only family was Kritika, Shruti, Kaira, Agni and Shakti. Nick was an orphan who raised himself to be a perfect guy because he knew that the world would look down on him if he became a weakling. And then he met Kritika during the days she worked for Rakesh Verma. So on he met the rest of all and experienced love and care for the first time in his life. Those people treated him like their family and yes, they were a family. Rakesh Verma's kind attitude towards him attracted him and made Nick start working for Verma. Nick never left anyone's side even though there came a day when everyone parted ways. He was always there for them and they too never let him down. Nick was deeply saddened that he would have to betray Rakesh Verma who's like an uncle to him for his only family and he also didn't prefer on showing disloyalty.

Present

"Is your arm alright?" I asked Lucas who was adjusting his sleeves getting ready to go out for the first time after his serious accident.

"I'm fine, boss." He assured in his usual formal tone.

"Call me Richard from now on even when we're with others. If not Richard, you can- uhh call me anything as you wish." I spoke while not facing Lucas who was staring at me astounded. I knew what I spoke came out so unexpectedly but the short period of helplessness I faced in my life taught me loss and gain as well as brought me to the weakest point in my life where I regretted and over-thought all my actions till now which helped in bringing more clarity to everything.

"Are you- ok? You don't sound like you're. Want me to call the doctor-"

"Luc, I'm fine. I'm just telling you what I have in my mind." I spoke, cutting off Lucas after a sigh. I knew this side of mine was wired and new to him. He still stood surprised by my sudden personality change. It was true Kritika brought lots of changes in my life but Lucas knew this attitude wasn't influenced by Kritika. I stood up from my chair moving towards Luc. I tapped on his shoulder and continued. "I learned that hiding emotions will only bring regret in life. I don't want to repeat the same mistakes. I am sorry for being cold to you all the time but I always liked you. You are my only trusted mate. I should have told you this earlier. I was afraid I'll never be able to tell you how important you are in my life and I can even give my life for you, pal. Forgive me for all and I promise I'll be a good friend from now on."

"You're not my friend." Lucas said with teary eyes. "You're like a brother to me." Hearing that I gave him a hug I should have given my brother long ago.