Irony

Shakti stopped his car right before Kritika's. He recognized it was hers in a minute because he was well familiar with the number plate. He didn't have any idea why she decided to come to his home without informing him because she used to tell him whenever she visited but it was also strange to notice her car being parked in the road instead of taking it to his home. Shakti felt something eerie as he knew she never act without reason and he assumed the reason for her not to take  her car to his home was because she didn't want anyone else to know where she was going and what her intentions were by coming into this forested area where no one could guess Shakti and his family live. Shakti started feeling distressed and he took his car to his house instantly. 

The bodyguard who used to stand outside his house was missing and nowhere near his eye sight. Shakti's worries started increasing and unfortunately his phone died and he couldn't call anyone either. He was out of the house for two days. It was a sudden plan and he couldn't let anyone know he was leaving, he didn't tell Kritika either. He had no idea what was going on. He parked his car and got out soon and rushed towards the door seeing it being left open. When he reached beside the door he saw the blood mark on the it. Shakti's eyes widened in shock, he ran inside screaming and shouting his wife's and daughter's name but there was no one to answer to him. His eyes were teary and he was blaming himself for not taking care of his family. He got out of the house and checked everywhere and called for the bodyguard too, but he could find no one. He ran again to his home in hopes of seeing his beautiful daughter jump out of somwhere laughing and saying dada this is a prank. Shakti couldn't bear the loss of his two dearest people. The house was empty and his voice resonated in high pitch. Witnessing the blood trail on the floor broke him up, he started crying. Even the strongest man loses himself in front of the people he loves. Shakti was cursing and throwing stuff around in the sadness that turned into anger in helplessness. And suddenly he noticed a crumpled ball of paper lying down beside the corner of the room, he hastily went towards it and grabbed it. He opened it and read what was written in it with difficulty. The fear on his face became clear as he finished reading, in that his wife and daughter were mentioned, it was a death threat. Shakti couldn't bring himself up to believe what he read. They said his wife and daughter were in danger and unknowingly as a reflex action he started running towards the bridge. Without caring about himself, he was ready to do anything for the people who brought light to his dark life. He couldn't let that light fade again, he didn't want to be in the darkness again.

The bridge awaited him with two broken pieces of rope. Shakti was disheartened and fell on his knees, falling into sorrow. "The-ey are go-ne?" He uttered to himself imagining his wife and daughter to be in the bone chilling creepy water below him. Shakti's anger was at the peak, he had the anger to burn the world and kill everyone in it. Shakti sat there in disbelief when suddenly he heard a phone ringing which was definitely not his. Shakti tilted his head to find a car key, wallet and phone at the edge. Shakti took them, examined them, he accepted the call and the voice coming from the other side was of a girl, her name was saved Mia. She said, "Richard, where are you? Do you know how worried I was-" Shakti cut the call just after listening to the name Richard.

"Ri-chard?" Shakti repeated "Richard!" In burning loath and rage. Shakti has mistook the whole thing in his head. He misunderstood that it was Richard who did it all. He assumed that Richard's belongings were left there when he came there with plans of hurting his family. Shakti did not even think for once still why Richard would have left all those things in there. Shakti was not to be blamed because afterall how could he expect Richard to save his enemy's family?

***

"Doctor, this patient is so exhausted. Sir, please I doubt if his condition will worsen." I could hear a female voice which I expected to be of the nurse in a low, unclear manner around me. I couldn't hear everything distinctly as there was a buzzing going on inside my ears. But yes, I was exhausted. I was not in my senses, I couldn't analyse and accept the situations. Some moments ago after my call with my people ended, I suddenly felt my head rotating, the voices around me were fading away and my vision too got blurry. After it all that I hear is this sound of the nurse and doctor. But I was not able to open my eyes. It felt so heavy and my body felt like it was weighed down by some kind of heavy rocks above me. I couldn't move at all. All that I still cared about was Kritika. I wanted to stay beside her and check if she was fine but here I am in the hospital bed unable to move. The long walk and swimming must have worn me out but I am glad I could stand strong till making sure my love was alright. I should take some rest now in order to wake up soon and go to my wife. 

***

Kritika was getting treated and it seemed like she was out of danger and about her niece and sister in law, they too were fine just because of Richard. If it wasn't him, then they all would've died by now but ironically Shakti mistoon the saviour to be the scoundrel.