They Kissed

"Sir, Lucas. Sir, Richard has ordered to let go of Miss Sharma- oh sorry, Mrs De Vil and Miss May."

"Boss ordered that?" Lucas asked in surprise.

"Yes sir."

"Ok thanks, you may leave." He said to the messenger of Richard.

Richard wants to leave Kritika and Kaira? Why? Lucas was thinking this as he walked up to meet Richard.

"Luc!" I called Lucas as I saw him entering my room and from Lucas's look it was clear to me that he couldn't understand anything. Well yes, I can't blame him because I was the one who ordered to kidnap Kriti and Kaira to begin with and now deciding to set them free.

"But why?" Lucas asked me with a puzzled look.

"Kritika will remain as mine forever! And now she will never run away from me. It was her request to let her go back and in a way that is better than outraging her people." I tried sounding cogent.

"Yes, I agree with you." Lucas answered me but somewhat a confusion was still visible on his face.

"Luc, what's it? What are you hiding from me?" I asked.

"No-nothing." He tried covering it up.

"Don't lie!"

"It's just--"

"Did you confess your feelings to Miss Kaira May?" I asked before he could finish talking. I knew him very well and there was nothing else that could make Lucas stumble upon a situation except love.

"Huh? How do you know that, Richard?" He asked in bafflement.

"Pal, we grew up together, I know you better than anyone else just like how you know me well."

"I-I umm can I l-ove her?" Lucas asked as if it was something wrong to do.

"Why not?" I answer simply.

"She won't be safe, she will have to go through a lot with me." I could understand Lucas's feelings because that is exactly what I thought for Kritika.

"Luc, I know we are a danger to them but letting go isn't a solution. Keep her, love her and protect her by yourselves."

"Richard but?" He spoke in disbelief.

No buts! Luc, I know you love her dearly so I must suggest you not to loose her and don't think that you staying out of her life will help her get a better life."

"I believe." He tried being perceptible of the situation.

"Now I want you to go and drop Kaira and Kritika safely on their respective houses." I said in satisfaction of clearing Lucas's mind.

"Yes boss!" Saying that he turned back and left my room. Lucas, he was always so tough and unbeatable. He was the only one who could keep up with me, the devil. He was not afraid of me or my cruelty instead he stood by my side and is strong than any of my other men. He is the only person I trust. I still remember the first time I met him and that was during our childhood.

A little boy standing in the garden staring at the butterflies. Was he admiring the beauty of those creatures? But then why was his friends standing far away from him with fear and disgust? It was because he was not staring at the butterflies because they were pretty, instead he was stomping over each of them, grinding them under his shoes to death. And his friends were terrified by this scene except one boy.

Those kids around him ran away in fear because seeing a 10 years old do such a thing was not easy for those kids of his same age to watch. He acted like an emotionless psychotic person killing those butterflies mercilessly. And who was that young cruel boy? It was ME, the merciless beast who cares about no one's life but still does cares about some people.