Getting More Confusing

Me and Richard moved to the room near the hall which was another office. I stepped inside first and he followed. I stopped walking and turned back to face him but for my awe, he was unexpectedly so close to me that I suddenly lost my grip and fell backwards but of course do you think he'll let me get hurt? As we see in movies the same thing happened here, the hero saved the heroine with his quick reflex. He caught me in his arms. I was closing my eyes and clenching my hands tightly on his coat, deep inside I was feeling secured near him, my unconscious self was sure that he'll save me but why was I having such thoughts? Who is he and what is making him so special? What is causing me to rely on the man I loath from the moment our eyes met?

I slowly opened my eyes in surprise yet anticipated to find him staring at me with his ruinous inky black eyes that were alluring. "Why are you so careless and clumsy Mrs. Richard De Vil? You must take care of yourself, baby." He stated and specifically mentioned Mrs.

Whattttttt??? Did he just call me by his surname?? What he meant by baby?? Oh God, he's driving me crazy! The hell he want? My cheeks were burning up as I grasped the situation and his words. I was thinking hard, my brain had infinte questions and confusions and all were unable to be answered at that moment. Suddenly realisation hit me that I was still in his arms, staring in his eyes. I stood up in a hurried mess and moved back from him out of embarrassment.

"The first day I saw you, I already layed my eyes on you. Didn't I tell you that I makes mine whatever I want?" He expressed looking at me while remaining cold as an iceberg, but I must say his body is hot. Not just by looks or featured but his body temperature, I felt it when I was in his arms.

"And didn't I tell you that not all things can be yours? I'll not marry you! You better go find someone else, also tell our parents you are not interested in this marriage. I can't say it by myself because I don't want to hurt them and according to your behaviour I'm sure you'll be doing it often." I hate his attitude to be honest, he thinks that he owns the whole world and that's why I tried destroying his ego with my words but it seemed to have no effect on him. He was having an evil smile plastered on his face all these time. As I finished talking, I was going to walk away from him because I have nothing else to say to this man but when I took my steps forward, crossing him, that is when he suddenly pulled me back by my hand making me turn and face him again. He was holding a grip on my waist and locked my hands by intertwining it with his and kept it behind my back making me unstable to do anything to release myself from him. He held me tight and a bit aggressively stopping me from going and then he whispered in my ears. "Don't test me baby, you'll see another side of mine which won't be good for you, there are much more you got to know about me, if you did then you wouldn't have been talking like this to me now. For just now you better shut your mouth and obey me like a good girl."

I was going to say something back in anger of what he did but somehow his words left a tint of fear in me so at that moment I decided to stay silent to understand who he really is. What if my sudden move bring something bad to me? More than myself I was worried about my family, the only thing for which I am ready to do anything even to sacrifice my life. I decided to let things happen as it want, I was waiting for the right time to show him who I really am and then he will run away from me. So now I will act along till I can pull away the  curtails behind which the truth of Richard De Vil lies.

***

"So it's a yes, right dear? I'm so happy that you're going to be my daughter in law, oh sorry my daughter itself." Richard's mother talked with excitement as we walked back to them.

"Welcome to the family, Kritika" His father invited me to their family but little did they know I am planning to destroy them.

"Please take care of my daughter, she may seem harsh outside but actualy she's so soft from inside." My mother told Laika, his mom.

"Don't worry Mrs. Sharma, she'll be living like a queen."

"I think there's no need of formal tone in our talk anymore, right Laika?" My mom asked with her sweet smile.

"Yes, you're right, Ragini. We're a family now."

All these time I was sitting there silent just thinking who they actually are and how they came to me. What are their intentions? The happiness on my parent's face will fade away soon and that was the only thing I was upset about, they seemed to like that guy and his family. And that same question still lingered in my mind.

"Who is he???"

***

After chit chatting he and his family were ready to leave, they're still talking even after saying goodbye that's when a girl came towards me. She had been with them from the start, she came with Richard. Overall his whole family seems mysterious and now this girl too. I saw her that day when we first met, I expect her to be someone close to him. I did not think much nor cared about her until now. That girl talked to me without anyone noticing. "Hi Miss Kritika Sharma. I'm Mia, Richard's personal assistant. We must see eachother again for a better talk. For now I'll just say this. 'Stay away from my man!'" Saying that she left there with them without letting me say anything in return. Now I am so damn confused what's really going on?